PDA

View Full Version : I am inspired by Flagger ~ confessions of a housewife

JulieL
03-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Laudry does get done, but ususally comes out wrinkled because:
a) I wait to long to do it and make my loads huge
b) do it so late at night that the last batch sits till the next day

The kitchen does remain clean for the most part, but I only truely sterilize once a week. But... I clean the kitchen in the evening and don't but clean dishes away till the next evening, on a good day earlier.

The bathroom gets a total clean over about every other week.

I only take out the kitchen trash every other day. All little trash cans about once a week. This WAS sappose to be DH's one and only household duty, hum strange that I am doing it now.

I vacuum once a week. It use to be twice, when did that stop???

I balance the check book when it's absolutely necessary, usually once to twice a month, I know that's a bad one.

K, I know I am not alone, be honest!

momathome
03-01-2004, 04:16 PM
While I change the girls' sheets regularly, I just changed my sheets for the first time in a month - yikes!
Can't remember the last time I moved pieces of furniture to vacuum under them.
We just washed our car for the first time in 3 months.
I have needed to do a load of towels for the better part of a week - and they are still sitting in a pile in my room right now.
Domestic goddess, I'm not!
-Lauren

bluej
03-01-2004, 04:46 PM
We move every 2-3 years so deep spring cleaning has no meaning to me. I figure I clean it spotless before we move in and again when we move out...good enough.

I have my older two kids take turns vacuuming the dining room, kitchen and living room. It's actually a chore they like to do. I'm trying to get them to enjoy dusting :)

I don't iron. Even if it sits in the dryer over night and comes out wrinkled. I just spritz w/ water and hang it up and hope most of the wrinkles come out.

houseof3boys
03-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Where to begin?

I have no problem with letting clothes pile up on top of the dryer (a very high pile, I might add)

I haven't dusted in about 2 months.

I never balance the checkbook, I just look at the amounts on the statements and say "that sounds about right"

I haven't mopped in well over 2 months. DH vaccums and mopping is supposed to be my job. Oops.

If I know that DH is going to vaccum or I am going to run the cordless sweeper that day, I will just wipe the counter crumbs on the floor.

I think I'll stop now since I feel like a piggy. :)

HoneymoonBaby
03-01-2004, 05:44 PM
I am a complete slob. If any housework has been done, it's probably been done by my husband. ::blush:: I'm working on it, though.

hobey
03-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Laundry and dishes do get done fairly regularly but.....

Folding clothes happens in marathon sessions every 2 weeks. I just have hampers full of clean laundry.

Ironing? DH can iron his own shirts and khakis.

Dusting? What's that? :)

I am also convinced that my house would be neater if the mailman would stop delivering junk mail.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

Marisa6826
03-01-2004, 06:50 PM
I used to have a cleaning lady. I'm waiting for my kitchen to be done before I start having one come to the house.

So here goes.

Jonathan is the one that usually does laundry. He can't fold shirts to save his life, but I've decided that they're good enough that I'm not going to do them over.

Sometimes laundry sits in the washer so long it has to be washed again.

I clean when company is coming. The house is almost always neat. Just not *clean*.

I never balance the chequebook. I go by what's online.

I also hide stuff in closets before people come over ;)

-m

jd11365
03-01-2004, 07:47 PM
>I never balance the checkbook, I just look at the amounts on
>the statements and say "that sounds about right"

ROTFL!!! Yup...that's me too..."that sounds about right..."

I vacuum once a week

Kayla's sheets rarely get changed unless they look dirty or get dirty for some reason...those bumpers and a coil mattress make it a PIA!

I beg DH to mop, because I hate it...

I have piles of 'things' in various areas of the house...waiting for the Clean Sweep team to come take care of them...

I pray that my neighbors just don't show up because the house is usually a mess...and if I know they are coming over I do what my DH calls "The Flight of the Bumblebee" to buzz around to get it all done before they get here...

I could go on, but now I feel so guilty I'm off the computer to go clean up a bit...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

MartiesMom2B
03-01-2004, 09:13 PM
I usually wait until the next day to do daily stuff like put clothes in hamper, dishes, clean the high chair, gather dirty diapers. Julie I think you do things twice as quickly as I do. I did sign up for flylady, but uhm I guess I've stopped flying. Usually I'm too busy checking my e-mail and the boards.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

sbjf
03-01-2004, 09:26 PM
If certain household chores 'bother' me when they don't get done, then I do them as often as I need to to make me happy.

If certain houshold chores don't 'bother' me, then they get done when they get done, when they start to bother me.

Here's what I do regularly because I need them done to feel good in my house:

Sink is always clean.
Clean dishes put away and dirty ones are in the dishwasher.
Dishwasher gets run daily or as soon as it's full and emptied in the morning.
Bed gets made every day.
Sheets get washed in hot water with detergent and lemon bleach once a week.
House is usually 'neat'; everything has a place and everything is in it's place. I'm a good 'straightener'.
I clean up the kitchen as I cook, put things back in the fridge when done with them, clean up after each meal.
Bathrooms get cleaned as needed but I'm not a nut about it; at least one good cleaning a week.
Laundry (washing/folding)

Here's what I do semi-regularly because if they don't get done often it doesn't bother me at all:

Sweeping/mopping/vacuuming
Polishing/dusting
Laundry (putting away clothes)
Heavy duty cleaning (blinds/ceiling fans/behind and inside the couch)

Melanie
03-02-2004, 04:28 AM
I've never scrubbed my kitchen grout, I consider it to be beyond-use and I just think of it as building our immune systems until we can have it replaced.

I've not cleaned all our windows since we moved in a year and a half ago.

There is dirt and ash in most of our window sills b/c I got tired of cleaning them all the time.

All of our closets look like hurricanes hit them recently.

Dh does all the bathroom cleaning.

I've often left the last square of TP and used kleenex.

tina-t
03-02-2004, 01:29 PM
There are some things I do regularly and some things that are not done so regularly.

Dishes are cleaned the same day. Laundry is done every week and folded. I just iron as needed. Dh does the vacuuming and mopping. I do the dusting, but I really don't remember when was the last time that I dusted :)

I keep on feeling that I should be cleaning more, but I don't feel like I have the energy to do it!

DDowning
03-02-2004, 02:18 PM
I am not a neat freak, have never been, probably never will be. DH on the other hand, is. I think he was born with a bottle of 409 in his hand.

I'm not a total slob, I do try and at least attempt to keep things clean. I'll take a stab at vaccumming every now and then and I've been known to wash the counter tops myself.

That being said, I am happy to announce, I have a Maid starting today! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!

'course the one really happy about this is DH!

houseof3boys
03-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Just wanted to congratulate you on the big announcement....

Your Maid

That's awesome. It's my turn next! :)