PDA

View Full Version : Shannon (sntm), I referred to you as "a friend of mine" IRL!

farsk
03-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Hello!

Just thought you (and everyone else on the boards, since I think we refer to each other as friends {at least most of the time,haha!}) would get a kick out of what happened.

I picked Ellen up from school and one of the teachers said that she thought about me during one of their trainings when they were doing role playing and the piece included, "what do you mean you gave my breastmilk to another baby?!?" I said, "that actually happened to a friend of mine!"

Yay! I love my online friends!

McQ
03-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Oh I say things like that ALL the time. If I ever relate another person's story it's "a friend of mine" or "a mom from my mom's group". Just depends on the audience. Or if I read some thing and laugh out loud at work, it's "I just got this funny e:mail, blah, blah, blah". I must be the most popular person on the planet with all my friends!

I'm in total denial to everyone about the board mostly because I don't want them nosing about. Especially my mother.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

houseof3boys
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
I do it all of the time. :)

MartiesMom2B
03-01-2004, 09:16 PM
I always say my friend from Atlanta, Chicago, fill in the blank. I once told one of my close friends that I talked on the phone with one of my online friends and she thought I was crazy.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

parkersmama
03-01-2004, 11:56 PM
I do it too! "My friend from Texas..." or "This friend of mine with a daughter Amy Grace's age..." I have finally fessed up to a few people and will say "one of my online friends". Of course, that's only to people who *also* have online friends! LOL!

sntm
03-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Awesome -- I do that too! For some reason, it sounds silly to say "my online friend" like I am some greasy-haired 30 year old man living in my mother's basement discussing comic book characters online.

Glad it wasn't a real-life situation! And good that they prepare for that...just in case.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03