PDA

View Full Version : Silly question .... what would you use as a birthday party theme?!

iluvmy2boys
03-01-2004, 04:42 PM
First off let me say that my boys' birthdays are only 2days apart (4/14 & 4/16) and no, it was NOT planned that way! LOL my youngest came 3wks or so early. We for the foreseeable future plan to do combined birthday parties until either one expresses an interest in having their own party.

That being said, we'd planned on doing a finding nemo birthday party because both boys (especially my youngest) REALLY REALLY like Finding Nemo. Also because we did their 3rd & 1st birthday parties with a theme that my oldest wanted.

Now though, they don't seem as interested in it, though I still really want to use that theme. it's cute, bright, colorful AND FUN!! We can do so many games, etc with that theme. My other choice would be to do dinosaurs, but aside from Barney (ICK ICK ICK!) there aren't really any young child friendly dinosaur themes, ya know?

So, should I stick wtih Finding Nemo, do dinosaurs or maybe think of another theme that woudl interest them both? (Lion King, Bob the Builder, Veggie Tales)

What would YOU do

momathome
03-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey, Jen!
My girls are nearly as close as your boys - their birthdays are 5 days apart! We just had their family party a few weeks ago and we used Finding Nemo for our theme, too. Truthfully, I think the girls barely noticed what the theme was - all they cared about was that there was a birthday cake and balloons - they couldn't be bothered with details! That being said, the Finding Nemo theme was very cute and we were happy that we did it. Our local grocery store (Giant) had a Nemo-themed birthday cake that was adorable and saved me the time of having to cook it! A good resource for party supplies is www.birthdayexpress.com - they have pretty much every party theme and accessory known to man. Good luck and have fun planning their party!
-Lauren

iluvmy2boys
03-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks Lauren ..

I think I am gonna stick with the Finding nemo theme, but I'm lucky - we have a cake decorator in the family (and my best friend is one too LOL) so I don't have to buy a cake.

I have to ask though ... where do you live? Giant isn't a national chain store and I used to live up in Northern VA and I dearly miss Giant (and all of the neat snacks my boys loved that we could get there :( )

Do you by any chance live near a Trader Joes?

Anyways, thanks for your opinions .... I know my youngest will like nemo and if I can find some way to incorporate the shark into the theme, I think my oldest will get a big kick out of it (he's autistic and could really care less about tha tkinda stuff lOL)

momathome
03-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Hey, Jenn!
I live in Eastern Pennsylvania, about 45 minutes away from Philadelphia. No Trader Joe's near us, though I used to love going to the one near us in Boston. Hope your boys have a wonderful birthday!
-Lauren