PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone try the extended wear contact lenses?

sbirmantaz
03-02-2004, 05:50 PM
I am intrigued by the 30 day wear lenses, but not sure how they really feel. Anyone have experience with them? Thanks!

amyff
03-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Hi,
I tried the "change once a week" ones that just came out...and I have to say they didn't work for me. I couldn't get used to sleeping in them and my eyes got really dried out after a week. My eye dr. let me try them free as a trial and I went right back to my old contacts.
Good Luck!

mharling
03-02-2004, 09:44 PM
I wear mine for 30 days, but I do take them out at night. I've had a couple different brands over the last few years and haven't had any problems. Let me know if you have other questions and I'll try to help.

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

Melanie
03-03-2004, 12:14 AM
I wear them and they don't bother me a bit. I have a high-oxygen type one (I can't remember what it's called, they are still the regular type of lenses like the AcuVue, just allow more oxygen to pass) to help my eyes get more oxygen. I've been wearing contacts forever though so they don't even bother me a bit. I do put rewetting drops in the AM though.

MinnieMouse
03-03-2004, 01:18 AM
I tried them but I couldn't use them because of my severe seasonal allergy to grass. My most severe reaction is allergic conjunctivitis (pink eye)...and it's not conducive to healthy long term contact lens wearing.

I am currently using daily wear contacts that are good for a week, then I toss them. Due to the amount of gunk my eyes produce, this seems to be the best option for me.

HTH

Christine

Jen in Chicago
03-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Love them! I had problems in the past finding comfortable contacts and these worked the first try. Started them when Jude was a few weeks old. Unless I am sick, I wear them 24/7. It is great a night that I don't have to fumble for my glasses for night wakings.

tina-t
03-03-2004, 06:20 PM
I've tried the ones where you take them off once a week. I ended up with a corneal abrasion and could not wear contact lenses for a few weeks. So I'm back to the daily lenses.

sbirmantaz
03-03-2004, 06:33 PM
not having to put in my glasses in the middle of the night would be nice and also not having to put contacts in daily! Thanks