PDA

View Full Version : New board software debuts

alandenisefields
03-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Folks, we just updated the software for the boards to a later version. This one fixes several bugs that users have noticed---most notably the dropped post problem (where posts disappear when you hit the post button!).

Clear out your cookies file for our site and you should be ready to go!

Yes, we hear you---the font is smaller. We'll see if we can adjust that.

--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
Web: www.windsorpeak.com.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 303-442-8792
Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

--
The readers speak! Check out our new message boards for our books at:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php

hellokitty1
03-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the upgrade. So far so good on my end. About the font size, I am fine with it as it means less scrolling. Stick with it, IMO.

Thanks again!

Vivian

papal
03-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the update. I like the new font size.. so please don't switch it back!!

Rachels
03-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Ack, I'm squinting! :) Maybe a happy medium?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

papal
03-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Well.. i am back to the original font after clearing out the cookies. Oh well.

It would be great if in the User Menu there was an option for font size.

Rachel.. love the new avatar!

flagger
03-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Gosh I have never had a post disappear. Though sometimes some of the words disappear in the middle of my posts. I am sure I will get [/font] that figured out sometime soon.

:D :D :D

tarahsolazy
03-03-2004, 01:19 AM
There is, in your browser, Rashmi. You can change it from internet explorer preferences, make it as big or small as you'd like. I use a different brower, Apple's Safari, and its right on my toolbar. I'll open up explorer and see where it is for you, assuming that's what you use!

ETA: its under the view menu on the menu bar on my explorer version, and says text zoom.

jamsmu
03-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Thanks! I like it!!

brubeck
03-03-2004, 11:45 AM
I am permanently logged in and I have not adjusted my cookies but everything seems fine. Am I missing something? I would hate to erase my cookies and then have everything explode on me! :)

papal
03-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks Tarah!!! I am such a dork.. i was going to Edit->Preferences and changing the font there. Weirdly enough it works for any other webpage but not this one.

parkersmama
03-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Same here! And to make matters worse, I don't remember my password! I went to change my password and tried all my standards and can't figure it out. I don't want to logout and then have to change my username since I can't remember my password. Can my old one be emailed to me??

Rachels
03-03-2004, 03:38 PM
ACK! Two of my posts have just been dropped-- and that is WITH cleared-out cookies. Oh no!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

JElaineB
03-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Denise,

After I cleared out my windsorpeak cookies I had to log back in. When I did that there was a link to have your password emailed to you. So I think that is available now. You will also have to fix some (but not all) of your settings again if you clear out the cookies.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

egoldber
03-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Alan and Denise, at least one user has an issue where they can no longer log into the board after clearing out cookies. This person did have the "keep me logged in" feature turned on.

And why do we need to clear out cookies anyway? I didn't clear mine and life still seems to be good. Am I missing something?

alandenisefields
03-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Please have any user who can NOT log in after clearing their cookies for this site contact us via email (click on the contact us button above).

Why clear out the cookies? That's the instructions from the software company that wrote the board script. Not sure, but I guess the update must put a "better" cookie in your computer's files to ensure the bugs from the previous version don't reappear.

But we agree---we suppose you can keep the "old" cookie as long as you don't have any problems using the boards.

Thanks for hanging with us on this. By updating the software, we were trying to fix small glitches that were frustrating some users!

Alan & Denise

hellokitty1
03-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately, changing fonts this way changes fonts for all the sites you visit.

parkersmama
03-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Thanks for that tip! I didn't want to get "lost". :) So far so good. I haven't cleared the cookie.

nohomamatoo
03-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Alan and Denise,

I'm the one Beth mentioned whose having the difficulty logging in. I posted about the problems I've been having in a separate thread and emailed you earlier today. I've still not received an email with a new password for my "nohomama" account.

I'm sorry to keep nagging you but I'd really like to see if my "real" user i.d. is working. Do I need to send another request for a new password? Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LD92599
03-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Since the upgrade I can no longer put attachments with my posts! I've tried different browsers (safari vs. ie), jpg. vs gif...small file sizes, etc. HELP!!!
Laura
mom to William

amp
03-05-2004, 01:34 PM
My smiley in my signature disappeared, but I checked the location and it should still be active. Anyone else?

TaChapm2
03-05-2004, 02:05 PM
I just tried to update my avator and couldn't get the attachment to work.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

nitaghei
03-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Neither can I - wasn't sure whether it was my machine (new software) - or the boards! And I really need to update DS's avatar.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD