PDA

View Full Version : Stupid digital camera question...

aliceinwonderland
03-03-2004, 12:51 PM
We have a Coolpix...I have to admit I am not done reading through the whole booklet that came with it...BUT, how does one take a black and white picture?? Thanks so much!! Trying to get my photgraphy skills in some order before the bean is here :)

eri and the eban due in April :)

pritchettzoo
03-03-2004, 01:51 PM
If you don't figure it out before you want to take one or if you want to change one you've already taken, you can always change a picture to black and white with photo-editing software. I believe you can do it on shutterfly too if you don't want to buy any software (although some might have come with the camera).

HTH some...

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Rachels
03-03-2004, 03:06 PM
I just change it after I take it, too. Some cameras have an option to let you change it, and virtually all photo editing software does. You can download some simple software for free from www.kodak.com, or you can use Shutterfly to change photos to black & white or sepia.

Eri, while I'm thinking about it, the ped whose name I gave you is back from maternity leave now. I keep forgetting to tell you.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

egoldber
03-03-2004, 03:17 PM
I also have a Coolpix (a 3100) and I just use software to change it to B&W afterwards.

HTH,

aliceinwonderland
03-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks Rachel--I'm consulting with my OB Tuesday, and giving the ped a call next week for sure!

Now, there's a reason the title of the post says "stupid":):

when you say "software" what do you mean? the pricey CD thing you buy (Photoshop or whatever it's called)? Or just the program you download the pictures to (Windows 2000/XP Photo Editor)??

I mean, that's all I know how to do: take the darned pics and download them into the computer...THANKS SO MUCH, everyone!!

egoldber
03-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Well we have a version of PhotoShop that came free with something else. Its a limited version, but it does all we need it to do. There is also a free shareware program call Irfanview that you can also use. Here's a link for Irfanview. I use this all the time for lots of things and I am very happy with it.

http://www.irfanview.com/