PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with All Clad...

lukkykatt
03-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Which are the best ones to get? I've looked on Amazon, and there are "regular", and non-stick, and different levels of both. Just wondering which ones you like. I'm hopefully going to be getting rid of my old pots/pans soon...

Marisa6826
03-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Depends what your needs are.

I love the look of the MC2 ones, but the only set that can go in the dishwasher are the stainless steel babies.

Waaay more imporatant to me than the cool look of the MC2s!

Check this out:

http://www.allclad.com/

There's a section "about" All Clad

I'm going to hook up with the stainless steel ones for my new kitchen in a couple of weeks.

Woo hoo!

-m

Rachels
03-04-2004, 05:45 PM
We have mostly stainless steel and one nonstick. I mostly use the stainless steel, which works best when you are making a sauce or reduction or cooking something that requires a nonreactive pan.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

hobey
03-04-2004, 06:10 PM
I have the stainless steel ones and they are the workhorses in my kitchen, specifically the 12" saute, 3 qt saucier, and the petite braiser. I have a few other pieces but don't use them as often as the previous three.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

JenCA
03-04-2004, 07:03 PM
We have All-Clad stainless and a few All-Clad non-stick skillets. The stainless is the most basic cookware---LTD, Master Chef 2, copper, etc. are really designed for more professional/heavy duty cooking. Half the time, I'm just using the smallest saucepan to warm up DD's bottles--so needless to say, we don't require anything fancier than what we have. ;)

marinkitty
03-04-2004, 07:22 PM
We've got the stainless and one non-stick frying pan. I think the stainless are great. Pretty but not too high maintenance and they do a great job with just about everything (though I admit to having one cheapo pot I use for pasta and boiling eggs just so I can really crank the heat). If you get them though, definitely get some Barkeeper's Friend cleaner b/c they do get discolored (especially if like us, you get frustrated waiting forever for water to boil on "medium" heat and disregard the instructions not to use high heat with the pots). We had rainbow-colored bottoms on our pots until we found the Barkeeper's Friend and now they look brand new.

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)

egoldber
03-04-2004, 08:59 PM
I have several stainless pieces and one copper piece. The copper piece is beautiful, but a royal pain to keep clean. The stainless works beautifully, is VERY easy to keep clean and can go in the dishwasher. As far as I'm concerned, that makes it the perfect cookware, LOL! :)