PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!! I Need To Come Up With A Kick Ass Outfit!!! UPDATE-Found It!!!

elvisfan
03-05-2004, 10:40 PM
I have been invited to an Officers' Wives Club luncheon on post to be held on Tuesday. I had a suit all picked out..but I have found out that it will be 72 degrees and sunny on that day. The suit will not work.
I need ideas for a nice "casual but a little formal" outfit. I'm thinking something along the lines of what one would wear to a shower. I'd like to carry my Longaberger basket purse with the outfit whatever it ends up being.
Any ideas????

UPDATED TO ADD: I'll probably go with khaki colored cotton capris and a lightweight twin set. But what can I do for shoes? mules? sandals? help!

I Got An Outfit!!!! sleeveless knit periwinkle blue shell, black capris, black sandals, a periwinkle blue floral scarf........It looks awesome. Maybe I'll post pics.....

pritchettzoo
03-06-2004, 12:14 AM
I'd try to find leather sandals that match the color of the basket purse. Maybe with a bit of a heel to make them dressier.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Calmegja2
03-06-2004, 09:46 AM
I agree. I'm a huge believer in heels to make an outfit pop. And matching is a must...;-)

Aerosoles has some fabulous new spring sandals right now...so you'd be comfy and stylish at the same time....

MartiesMom2B
03-06-2004, 11:43 AM
A sandal with a heel or cute mules. Do you have some good accesories to go with the outfit? I believe pearls are in!

Have fun at the lunch.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

JenCA
03-06-2004, 02:04 PM
I'm picuring a kitten-heel open toe sandal with your outfit, and they do not necessarily have to match your purse (i.e., if you're wearing a pink sweater set, how about a fun pair of pink sandals?). I also agree with whoever suggested pearls. Let us know what you decide!

elvisfan
03-07-2004, 02:48 AM
>I'm picuring a kitten-heel open toe sandal with your outfit,
>and they do not necessarily have to match your purse (i.e., if
>you're wearing a pink sweater set, how about a fun pair of
>pink sandals?). I also agree with whoever suggested pearls.
>Let us know what you decide!

Argghh..I wear a size 10 shoe........and didn't have much luck finding shoes....I'm going to go back tomorrow to see what I can find:) I'll let you all know what I find.........