PDA

View Full Version : OT: Where is the cheapest place to buy appliances?

marit
03-06-2004, 12:12 PM
We need a washer/dryer and fridge for our new rented home. I'm looking for entry-level new appliances (read: cheap). Where should I get them? Sears? Wal-Mart? Costco? Should I negotiate the price?

Thanks,

jd11365
03-06-2004, 12:18 PM
See if you have a Sears outlet or scratch and dent near you... GREAT prices!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

Imperia
03-06-2004, 02:14 PM
I used to sell appliances at Sears while I was in college. They will match prices. This is good if you know what you want and even if you find it for a little less Sears will match it (you have to tell them about it obviously). Kenmore (Sears brand which is generally made by Whirlpool) is often a good deal as well, or ask if they have any deals on floor models or returns. I always reccomend Sears to people as they have been around forever and tend to be goood about customer service and returns, plus they treat their employees decently.

HTH

Imperia

August Mom
03-06-2004, 03:18 PM
If price is the main concern and there's not an issue with some minor cosmetic defects, you should check out ApplianceSmart. It's a scratch and dent outfit with discounted prices. Other places that generally have decent prices are Home Depot and Lowes. However, the installation is generally done by independent firms and sometimes scheduling can be a hassle. We've actually had decent luck with Sears and with H.H. Gregg. Both have good customer service and decent prices.

marit
03-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions.

We ended up signing a lease somewhere else, where they have all the appliances, so we don't need to buy them after all.

Thank you!