PDA

View Full Version : so we had a potential very embarrasing (mom) moment...

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-06-2004, 07:58 PM
I've been up in DC for a few days and got back at 2:00AM on Friday and awoke practically comatose on Friday due to it...

So I changed Tristan's diaper in the morning and FREAKED...I saw what looked like dead flat white worms, resembling almost exactly what one can see in a dog with worms...

I was frantic trying to change the diaper, disect the poop to count them (for some odd reason) crying, and going to reach for the phone to call the ped and rush Tristan up there WHEN I remembered I had gone out for sushi the day before with one of my girlies and Tristan's food of choice was BEAN SPROUTS...

Would I have looked crazy or what????
Moral of the story if you feed your child bean sprouts they look like worms in their poop....
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

bluej
03-06-2004, 08:03 PM
LOL! Of course as I imagine this I imagine what MY reaction would be and lets just say it would involve me flinging the diaper across the room and screaming for DH and then really freaking b/c he's not here. So in that case, I'll just have Ryden avoid bean sprouts at all costs! Thanks for the laugh and I'm so glad it's not worms!

COElizabeth
03-06-2004, 08:23 PM
ROTFLOL!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

TaChapm2
03-06-2004, 08:31 PM
How funny! I needed a good laugh today. Glad it wasn't really worms. I would have lost it.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

redhookmom
03-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the laugh! I needed that.

Mommie2MadLyn
03-06-2004, 10:22 PM
OMG, that is hilarious!!!:D Can you just imagine the look on the ped's face if you brought him in??!

brubeck
03-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Neve the EXACT same thing happened to me once. I saw a white squiggly thing in Amy's poop and freaked out thinking it was a worm. When I examined it more closely I realized it was a string from her burp cloth. The edge was fraying because she liked to suck on the ends and she had been chewing it.

So I know exactly how you felt! :)

JElaineB
03-06-2004, 11:38 PM
That's hysterical! I can totally see why you were freaked out, especially after not getting enough sleep! Glad you figured it out!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

brigmaman
03-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Aaahhh...It's great to be able to laugh about poop!!! That's a funny story!

Vajrastorm
03-07-2004, 02:17 AM
Honestly, its things like this that make me love the internet. Someday down the road, I'm going to freak out about something similar but remember this thread before I lose it completely.

Love you guys!

JMarie
03-07-2004, 10:22 AM
ROTFLMAO! Oh, Neve! Why is that something I would do...

I'm still in awe over orange-carrot poop...

hez
03-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the laugh this morning (home sick from church :( ) and the info I've filed away for future reference. You've prevented me from making a 'first time mommy' phone call to the doc's someday!

jmofarrill
03-07-2004, 11:42 AM
Oh, yeah, Neve, me too. Yesterday I was spraying Anwyn's poop off her diaper with the mini-shower and I saw all these tiny black squigly-looking things. I almost freaked out, too, until I remembered I had been feeding her ripe mashed bananas. ugh I know that freak-out moment very well!

houseof3boys
03-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Funny, but I could see how you freaked over it. Wow would that have been gross looking.

It is funny though!!! :-)

Hope you had a great time in DC Neve.