PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for triplets

Lucia
03-08-2004, 09:51 AM
Friends just gave birth to triplets...two boys and a girl. Any ideas for a good gift? Moms of multiples what gifts were most useful? If we go with clothing, should it be gender specific, all matching, or individual outfits? It looks like most of the items on their registry have been bought. We would love to give them something unique, but also useful. Thanks for the help!

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

Tondi G
03-08-2004, 02:16 PM
What about a baby blanket for each baby??? Maybe monogrammed? I would go with different colors for each baby... maybe blue, green (or yellow) and pink (or lavendar... I'm a sucker for purple on baby girls rather than the standard pink!)You can never have enought soft blankeys!!!! If you do clothes I would go with something similar for each but not the same.... I'm thinking maybe a onsie/sleeper kinda thing maybe in stripes??? Baby Gap often has things like this in a range of colors... ie blue, green and pink etc.!

Another thing you might consider is FOOD.... Pizza coupons, maybe a home cooked meal delivered to them one night, a fruit and muffin basket (so she can grab something quick to snack on while feeding a baby!!!).

Good Luck and Congrats to them on their triple blessing!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

JacksMommy
03-08-2004, 02:39 PM
I only have one child but I think clothes are always a great gift and it's hard to have too many. I personally would go for gender neutral clothing (babystyle has great soft cotton basics)so that they don't have to keep it all so separate and can carry around just a few spare outfits.

One gift that we loved was a packet of coupons for free take-out meals at local restuarants. So great!

HTH,
Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02

macassi
03-08-2004, 04:20 PM
I don't have multiples, but my neighbor does. Based on her stories, I would recommend (1) food, lots of it -- and maybe a few weeks after the baby is born when others have stopped giving it. (2) I'd volunteer to go over and sit with the babies and let the mother sleep! Be sure to let her know that you have NO DESIRE to be entertained and you insist she go take a nap.

toomanystrollers
03-08-2004, 04:51 PM
If you live nearby, definitely some home-cooking :) and whatabout something for the new mom - babies get all the goodies! Or how 'bout a gift certificate to a local photographer for baby pics.

toomanystrollers
03-08-2004, 04:51 PM
If you live nearby, definitely some home-cooking :) and whatabout something for the new mom - babies get all the goodies! Or how 'bout a gift certificate to a local photographer for baby pics.

Lucia
03-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the great ideas. I will plan on doing food. good suggestions for clothing ideas and also like the idea of a photography gift certificate!
Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

twinmama
03-09-2004, 11:44 PM
I can't even imagine what it must be like to have triplets! I loved getting meals (hot, cold, liquid, as long as I didn't have to make it, I loved it!). I also liked having people stop in once in a while to give me a sanity break. It felt like my girls were crying non-stop for the first 3 months, so just having someone there to talk to or hold a baby helped to keep me sane. I had a friend who stopped in every tuesday and wednesday for just an hour or so and it was so nice to look forward to having another grown up there.

The photography GC is a nice idea, but make sure you volunteer to go along with her to help if possible. Or maybe see if you can find someone to come to the house to take pics. My best friend is an amateur photographer and when the girls were about 2 months old, she came by and took two rolls of black and white pictures and put the best ones in a frame for me. It was such an awesome gift and it was so nice to not have to go out to get their pictures done.

Clothes are a nice idea, but for multiples, a gift certificate is probably best. We got tons of clothes, but my girls were tiny when they were born and by the time they were able to fit into most of it, it was too cold to wear them and I ended up having to return most things.

Hope some of these ideas help!

--Lisa