PDA

View Full Version : wdland45: Lemons work!

Karenn
03-10-2004, 02:08 AM
Thank you so much for your suggestion of lemons on the morning sickness thread! I thought I'd tried all the home remedies during my last pregnancy, but I'd never heard about lemons. Ever since I read your post I've been drinking ice water with a teaspoon or so of lemon juice and it seems to be making a difference. It's not a cure all, but it does take the edge off! Thank you!

Lucia
03-10-2004, 04:14 AM
lemon drops were a lifesaver for me! hang in there!

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

wdland45
03-10-2004, 10:11 AM
I am so happy that helped you. And you explained it just right - it doesn't make the sickness go away, but it takes the edge off so it is manageable. Hope that helps someone else too, and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well! And thanks for letting me know - you made my day! :7
Take care.
Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

caleymama
03-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Ice water with lemon juice is healthier than what I'm about to suggest, but I found that sipping really cold decaf iced tea helped my all day nausea immensely. I think I used the Lipton mix ... it's been a while and I'm not positive. Water alone wasn't helping at all (in fact it was grossing me out!) and the iced tea was a lifesaver. Maybe it was the lemon flavor in the iced tea, LOL! I hope you're feeling better soon.

ETA link: I'm pretty sure it was this Lipton:
http://www.lipton.com/our_products/mix/sweet_decaf_lemon.asp

momma_boo
03-10-2004, 10:33 AM
That's funny, I was just talking with a pregnant co-worker about how I drank tons of Newman's Own Lemonade during my first trimester. Glad you found something to help it a little bit!

Momof3Labs
03-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Yep, something sour would always take the edge off for me - lemonade, sour candy, whatever!