PDA

View Full Version : Be SO careful on the stairs

peanut4us
03-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Early Monday morning I literally took a "trip" downstairs. I was going to get a bottle for Sara. It had been a long night. I am pretty sure that my eyes weren't even open, and thank God I was NOT holding Sara. I totally wasn't thinking and ended up falling the last 4 or 5 stairs. I landed first on my wrist then on a shin. OUCH!

The sad thing was, I didn't say anything like "scott, I've fallen and I can't get up! ;) (couldn't resist, sorry). i just crawled over to the couch and laid down. Like, if I ignored it and went to sleep, it would go away? Duh! And what about Sara! Obviously, I was just too tired. Anyway, Dh had heard my thud and came to check it out. He took care of Sara and gave me ibuprofen.

I did have to have x-rays and hurrah! only a bad sprain! Phew! We get on an airplane in 2 days, and I did NOT want to deal with a cast and baby gear and Sara, etc...

Morals of the story:

1)Make sure your eyes are open when you go down the stairs
2) Don't descend quickly when you are tired and can't see
3) Don't try to hide it from your DH!

BE SAFE!

peanut4us
03-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Early Monday morning I literally took a "trip" downstairs. I was going to get a bottle for Sara. It had been a long night. I am pretty sure that my eyes weren't even open, and thank God I was NOT holding Sara. I totally wasn't thinking and ended up falling the last 4 or 5 stairs. I landed first on my wrist then on a shin. OUCH!

The sad thing was, I didn't say anything like "scott, I've fallen and I can't get up! ;) (couldn't resist, sorry). i just crawled over to the couch and laid down. Like, if I ignored it and went to sleep, it would go away? Duh! And what about Sara! Obviously, I was just too tired. Anyway, Dh had heard my thud and came to check it out. He took care of Sara and gave me ibuprofen.

I did have to have x-rays and hurrah! only a bad sprain! Phew! We get on an airplane in 2 days, and I did NOT want to deal with a cast and baby gear and Sara, etc...

Morals of the story:

1)Make sure your eyes are open when you go down the stairs
2) Don't descend quickly when you are tired and can't see
3) Don't try to hide it from your DH!

BE SAFE!

deborah_r
03-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Glad it wasn't too serious, and so glad you didn't have Sara with you!! Take it easy on your trip!

sweetbasil
03-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Oh, Joey, what a terrible feeling (coming from world-class clutz here, who has fallen on stairs, cracks in the sidewalk, and completely flat surfaces)! I'm glad your x-rays came out okay. Rest that arm, sweetie, and have a great trip!

We're finally making reservations for our trip to your part of the world- will let you know when DH gives me the details!

JElaineB
03-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Oh Joey! I'm glad it's just a sprain. Be careful in the future though - once you sprain an ankle it seems it is more likely that you will re-sprain it (I'm speaking from experience!!) Hope you feel better soon and have a good trip! (no pun intended! :))

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02