PDA

View Full Version : Quick trip to disneyland w/ a 7 month old?

todzwife
03-16-2004, 07:09 PM
DH's BIL (his sisters husband) has a private jet and they want to make a quick trip to disneyland with us in May. Quick like fly there in the AM and fly back that night. Any suggestions how to make this the easiest on Dallin? What do I need to bring? We had season passes there, but not with a little one. Thanks!

Melanie
03-16-2004, 08:03 PM
No suggestions about the quick trip part, but

Don't forget to check out the BabyCenter on Main Street...it's soo nice.

Stay away from characters, they might be frightening...I know Ds is much older than your little one, but they terrified him to the point of begging to go home when he saw them.

Be sure to take advantage of the baby-pass policy if you want to go on an "E ticket" ride. That way you don't have to wait in line twice.

Ds liked the Jungle Cruise, the Train (I had forgotten that it gets pick black before the dinosaur part, but it didn't scare him), Casey Jr. Circus Train, Small World...it's so hard to compare how your little one will react with mine...maybe someone with a younger child can respond. Our friends had a 10 mo and she loved everything. They took her on Pirates of the Carribean and we're sure it would have scared the daylights out of our 2 yo.

Bring an extra outfit plus a jacket. We're in a heatwave now, but it still might get chilly at night...

Buffys Mommy
03-17-2004, 01:02 AM
We did Disneyworld in December - not a quick trip as we live in California. DD is only 5 days younger than Dallin. She had a great time.

Suggestions -

Take a bjorn or sling. Makes waiting in lines VERY easy.
Use the Baby Center.
Take it a little easy. Since you've obviously been, just relax and enjoy yourselves and go at Dallin's pace.
Sarah loved the characters. Of course she was pretty young and didn't know better. Gauge his reaction - but two of my favorite pictures is Sarah meeting Sorcerer Mickey and Cinderella. Cinderella wanted to keep her. I'm sure the princesses will go gaga over Dallin.
Make sure to bring plenty of diapers, formula and food (if you don't breast feed), etc. as they sell it in Disney but for VERY high prices. Also - lots of sunscreen and a hat to keep the sun off of him. If you breast feed, the Baby Center has nursing rooms. I loved the ones at Disneyworld.
Dallin can do many of the rides, and I think you will all enjoy the trip. Just make sure to take lots of pictures!