PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Waste of Money- What's Yours?

lmariana
03-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Ok, so out of all the baby stuff you've bought from day one on...what has been the biggest waste of money? (If you have more than one, do a Top 5 list)

For us...
1. Avent Microwave Steam Sterilizer. I think we've used it twice. I don't know what I was thinking...the only time I sterilize is when something is new, but it's just as easy to boil some water. On top of that, it takes up precious space in my kitchen.
2. Avent bottles- not because we didn't use them, but because they annoyed me. I couldn't get the leaking thing under control...
3. Peg Perego Aria stroller- just not right for us...used three times and sold it
4. Fancy Burp Cloth from Babystyle.com- why I paid $12 for something to wipe up my baby's spit up I will never understand...
5. Fancy Bib from Babystle.com- again, $12 for something for my baby to drool on...

Oh well..live and learn.

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

deborah_r
03-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Mariana,

I realize you did not ask for any advice :) , but wanted to mention I never had a leaking problem with Avent bottles - well, actually I did ONE time and I read the instructions and it said to make sure the nipple and the ring were wet when you put them together, helps make a seal. never had the problem again.

And I justified the sterilizer purchase because it was SOOOO hot here in my baby's early months and our apartment gets so warm with the afternoon sun, that boiling water would make it miserable in here for the entire day! But, yes, I probably didn't NEED to sterilize, but I had to for my peace of mind at the time :)

In no particular order....
1. FP Play Dome - a gift though, but I can't see much use for it and it was hellish to put together.

2. the millions of hats we bought DS and he hardly ever wore

3. Baby Bjorn (I prefer to use slings, and DH could not get the Bjorn to fit him)

4. hmmmm, can't think of any more. Dh would probably have some to add!

mcades
03-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Definitely the bottle warmer. Since I'm exclusively breastfeeding, we typically only did 1 bottle of EBM/day tops. We got DS used to eating & drinking foods cold, so we wouldn't have to figure out how to warm things in public. As a result, the bottle warmer pretty much gathers dust. Now DS #2 won't even take a bottle - argh. At 10 months, he's *finally* transitioning to a sippy cup!

~Michelle

papal
03-17-2004, 04:24 PM
hmm...
1. The side-snap kimono type shirts for newborns that is recommended in the book. They were a PITA because they kept riding up to her armpits.
2. Halo sleepsack. We swaddle and the sleepsack was never used (does anyone want it?)
3. Hats. Only the Pilot hats from Hanna stay on..the others were all useless.

I will keep adding when i think of more!

shishamo
03-17-2004, 04:29 PM
here's mine:

1. Bassinet- nobody ever slept there except the cats
2. Pack and Play with bassinet-it's an expensive toy chest and useless portable crib
3. Boppy- it just didn't work at all for my petite frame
4. Sippy Cups- they all leak and my kids never understood how to use them
5. pacifiers-I tried them all. twice.

My runner up is my vast collection of avent bottles. They both refused these around 3 months. I think this is my fault partially since I only gave them few bottles a week (I really don't like pumping), but I do have quite a collection most of them brand new.

barbarhow
03-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Sounds crazy-but the changing table. Wish I had gotten an old antique dresser and put a pad on top. Ever since DS got to the squirming stage he has been changed on the floor.
So many of the baby specific foods-the teething biscuits-threw them in the trash last pm-he hates them, the wagon wheel thingies-hates those, too. DS wants whatever is on our plates.
The food grinder. I had registered for it because it seemed like such a great idea. I could never get it to grind anything.
I am sure there are a million other things....
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

ETA-Boppy pillows-I have 2. Never liked them-found them very uncomfortable. Use Queen size down pillows instead that work great.

JustMare
03-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Okay, it's only been 6 weeks but here's my list:

1) Fancy Cradle Bedding - we had my cradle and only had to purchase the bedding and a mattress, Well, DS was so long (20") and loves to stretch in his sleep, that he didn't fit comfortably in the cradle. If he slept more than 2 hrs in it, it would be a lot!

2) Diaper Genie - Just hate it. Couldn't figure it out at first, now just seems easier to use a garbage pail. We live in an apt building and it's just so easy to empty the pail once a day in the trash disposal in the hall on may way to pick up the mail.

3) Side Snap T-Shirts - He wore these for one week!

4) Baby Bath Robe - Who ever invented this is a nut!:) And my DH is a bigger ding-dong for purchasing it!

ETA: 5) Halo Sleep sacks and Gowns!! DS HATES his feet enclosed.

Things I had to HAVE, then just couldn't make them work and returned them:

Baby Einstein Playmat - Couldn't see spending $65 on a mat when I received 10 blankets and a FP Activity gym - just put toys on blanket and activity gym above.

Combi Urban Sling - I was so excited to use this bag! But nothing fit in it. Way too slim. I was so disappointed!

Snuzzle - Couldn't use it with Bundle Me - it was one or the other

As time goes by, I bet there'll be many more items to my list!

Rachels
03-17-2004, 04:38 PM
The crib! It just holds her stuff.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

llcoddington
03-17-2004, 04:42 PM
What size sleepsack? Lauren sleeps in hers every night.

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

Jeanne
03-17-2004, 04:43 PM
1. Combi Perfect Match Stroller. I only use my Snap & Go while they
are in the baby stage and if I have both girls with me, I use
the double. If I have my oldest with me, I use a smaller
stroller than the Combi.

2. Avent bottle set. Disliked them the first time I ever used
them. I have about $80 worth of bottles (all gifts) that I
gave away. Only one bottle was actually used!

3. Boppy Pillow. Regular down pillow works better for me.

blnony
03-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Oh my....I could go on and on with this one, but here are a few that come to mind pretty fast...
1. Swing: Audrey hated it.
2. Sling: Again, no matter when I tried to use it, she hated it.
3. Avent Bottles: She wouldn't take them, she would only take Dr. Browns
4. Many Many clothes: She has grown so fast that there are loads of outfits she never wore.
5. Chicco Mama Highchair: I hated this chair, it was huge and impossible to clean and the tray wouldn't fit in the dishwasher. I love my FP chair now; but I have a 150 dollar highchair just sitting in my storage room.
6. Peg Venezia Stroller: DH and I both hated it and even though I sold it, I didn't make my money back on it.

lisams
03-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Bottles - like all 10 different kinds that we tried none of which she would take. DD never took the bottle, went straight to sippy at 6 months!

Lisa

lukkykatt
03-17-2004, 05:15 PM
1) Baby Bjorn - never used it
2) OTSBH - anything that comes with a video is much too complicated for me. Never used it.
3) Pacifiers - neither of my boys would use one, much to my dismay. I bought one of every kind, thinking there must be one out there...
4) China baby dish set (this was a gift)- but seriously, who would feed a baby out of china?

I can't think of a 5th right now... I'm sure DH would say all of the diaper bags that I had to have, only to find out they were'nt for me. Or maybe he would say that about my strollers, hmm...

stillplayswithbarbies
03-17-2004, 05:18 PM
1. the crib. She sleeps with us or in the pack n play in our room

2. My Brest Friend breastfeeding pillow. I felt like I was wearing a shelf.

3. hats, many cute hats that she never wore. Hats don't stay on a baby who doesn't sit up

4. Moses basket. Very adorable but not practical.

5. all the decorations for her room that I never got around to putting up and even if I did there would be too many of them. I went a little crazy on eBay buying up anything in our theme.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

deborah_r
03-17-2004, 05:25 PM
>2. My Brest Friend breastfeeding pillow. I felt like I was
>wearing a shelf.

LOL!! That's kind of the idea, huh?

Grace_underfire
03-17-2004, 05:36 PM
I have to say the Bjorn. We are a sling family but we HAD to have the Bjorn like everybody else does. DH thought he would like it better... but nope he ended up buying a sling :) In fact I am about to sell the Bjorn on Ebay. It is pretty much new I think we used it twice. I still have the box, etc... What a waste of $.

gravymommy3
03-17-2004, 05:54 PM
#1 - the two cribs we bought (one for Grayson and one for Avery) I don't think Avery's has had 1 hour of use.

#2 - wish Britax Marathons were around when they were born - would have never bought the infant carseat/carrier.

#3 - diaper genie - hated it for some reason

#4 - high chair - none of the kids ever liked the high chair

#5 - diapers - wish I had thought of cloth when Grayson was born

I had some great garage sales though!!

khakismom
03-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Our list has changed from one kid to another (for example, after Kathleen, I would've said pacifiers, but now Ellen is a pacifier girl). But here's the main:

1. Baby Bjorn - used it twice (once on each kid) and it was such a pain to put on and off.
2. Avent Steam Sterilizer - never used, returned.
3. All the blankets--they were excessive. I received too many to count as gifts.
4. Diaper Genie - smelly thing that I couldn't get rid of fast enough.
5. Baby bath towels - what's the point? We just used a regular towel.
6. Crib Mobile - except for looking pretty and completing the theme of the nursery, served no purpose whatsoever, since my kids weren't ever interested in soothing music to fall asleep to.

And I almost could add that baby bathrobe--I agree, when I first received this as a gift, I thought, this is the dumbest thing. But I ended up using mine quite a bit as a beach/pool coverup, and it worked perfectly! :)

jbowman
03-17-2004, 06:21 PM
When I read your post, the first thing that came to mind was our Baby Bjorn! We received it as a gift, and my daughter has screamed everytime we've put her in it! Also pacifiers--she hates 'em!

I use the Diaper Genie, but I could live without it. Embarrassing to admit, but it took FOREVER for me to learn how to use it properly. I still have no idea how it actually works or how to "reload" it. My husband is the one who empties it and replaces the "filter"--he's my "Diaper Genie" Genie!

jamsmu
03-17-2004, 06:24 PM
1. Baby Bjorn... what a great idea, I'll sell it on e-bay
2. pacifiers... Carson spits them right out
3. Avent bottles... he refuses these
4. Dr. Browns bottles... hates these even more (but he's happy with evenflo... go figure, cheapest ones)
5. Bottle warmer... yeah, right, like that even works?!

papal
03-17-2004, 06:33 PM
:)
the MBF pillow DID feel like a shelf... i loved mine though. sometimes i as too tired to remove it and used it to hold a book, plate, leela etc. heehee.

kransden
03-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Too many clothes, especially onies. DH didn't think dd looked dressed without pants on. (most were gifts)

A bath robe and slippers - a gift from a childless friend

Footed sleepers for a 1 yr old. She hated them.

Crib- we never used it.

Pappa Prima High Chair - it doesn't work for small babies! The food would just fall in her lap. We use it now as a booster seat at the table. Next time I'll just get a cheap Graco. That is what the daycare uses and they work great.

We did use our bottle warmer since the bedrooms were on the top floor. DD got a diaper change while the bottle of ebm was warming and I got a little more sleep. DH can be a great guy!

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

redhookmom
03-17-2004, 06:53 PM
First Time Around
1. Fisher Price Activity Dome
2. Cheap Stroller - I think it was a Graco

Second Time Around
1. Bottles
2. Bottle Sterilizer
3. Breast Pump
---this baby WOULD NOT take a bottle---
4. Swing
5. To many slings- I should of tried one before buying more. I assumed I would get the hang of it and didn't.

momathome
03-17-2004, 07:19 PM
1.Kolkraft travel system - biggest piece of junk ever invented!
2.Avent Express bottle warmer - considering I couldn't pay Kasey to take a bottle, this was useless!
3.Bouncy seat - the fabric was so pretty, it had a cute toy bar, and Kasey screamed whenever she was in it.
4.Pacifiers - tried a variety with both girls, the preferred mommy.
5.Generic stroller rain shield - bought it on impulse, used it once.
-Lauren

kijip
03-17-2004, 07:24 PM
1. Combi PM Stroller- too big, did not need car seat compatibility for very long.

2. Osh Kosh HUGE diaper bag- husband picked it out and we both hated it. Used for the week I was lugging stuff to and from the hospital NICU but after that we shelved it for a Combi Urban Sling and now a Bjorn bag.

3. Dr. Brown's Bottles- Despite have a huge collection of Avents I tried these. Too many parts to wash, no less gas and leaky. The Avents never leaked on me.

4. Cloth Diaper Service and Diaper covers. Too expensive, did not work for us.

5. Side Snap shirts- such a waste. The NICU nurses had him in shirts that covered his umbilical cord stump so I never bothered with these. The only reason I bought them was I thought I could not use onesies until the stump came off. I was wrong/misinformed.

and 6. The dang Boppy. Useless. I ended up loving a Brest Friend or just laying down to nurse.

peasprout
03-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Most of mine have all been mentioned, but here they are:

1. Avent Sterlizer- was never that paranoid about germs. Returned this the first week
2. Avent bottles- worked ok for breastmilk, but HORRIBLE for formula! So much foam! We like Dr. Brown's much better
3. Car bottle warmer- the outside would get so hot that it would burn if you touched it, but the milk would still be cold!
4. Baby bathrobes- didn't see the point. DD would go straight from the bath to the changing table
5. Crib shoes- they can't walk! I barely put socks on her!

lizajane
03-17-2004, 08:16 PM
nuthin'.

honestly.

sure, he had too many clothes. but they were gifts, and i liked them. and he did spit up a lot. i could have done laundry more often if he had fewer clothes, i guess. and sure we got a lot of blankets. but several handmade that are beautiful and special and he will use when he is older.

everything that everyone has listed that we own (crib, bassinet, high chair, avent bottles, bouncy chair, bjorn, sling, stroller, pacifiers, cloth diapers/covers, boppy, breast pump, bathrobe, baby towels, swing, sippy cups...) we used it, we loved it, we would buy it (or ask for it as a gift) all over again. if we aren't currently using it, it is packed away from baby # two or loaned to a friend.

don't worry, though, i am sure we will waste tons of money on toddler crap. :)

Elilly
03-17-2004, 08:21 PM
1. Platex, gerber, and avent sippy cups
2. Graco stroller (I know - I should have listened)
3. Graco ComfortSport carseat (Oh how I do love my RA!)
atleast the stroller and carseat I did sell at a garage sale but what to do with all of those sippies!

lrucci
03-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Fortunately, I don't think we wasted money on anything. Luckily DD has enjoyed everything we bought for her. We did get some things as gifts that we didn't use - way too many blankets and clothes in 0-3 month size. DD did not like being in a sling at all. I borrowed different ones from friends, but none of them seemed to make her happy. So that saved me from what could have been a waste of $$. We probably won't be so fortunate if we have another. lol

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

LD92599
03-17-2004, 09:18 PM
1) Bjorn ~ too cumbersom and uncomfortable...use a Zolo once in awhile..the times I've used it's been a lifesaver (think airport!)

2) Diaper Champ ~ use it sometimes, but usually the dipes go right in the trash and outside every day

3) Blankets...way too many

4) Sterilizer...used it once and that was it!

5) there's got to be more....i think of things all the time

Laura
mom to William

June
03-17-2004, 10:07 PM
My biggest waste of money was on a crib set with the comforter, bumper, bedskirt and sheet. There is no use for a comforter for an infant except for a wall hanging. I decorated the nursery without thought to using it as a wall hanging. My little one rolled around the crib early on and had her face up against the bumper in no time. The ped advised me to take the bumper off. Knowing what I know now, I would just purchase a sheet and dust ruffle.

Momof3Labs
03-17-2004, 11:37 PM
1. Baby Bjorn with extra set of XL straps - uncomfortable and awkward for all of us, at least it was a gift!

2. Aria - used it a few times, and sold it. Great for mom & dad but so uncomfortable for a baby.

3. Boppy - weird shape, caused Colin to roll inward. Much preferred MBF pillow.

4. Bouncy seat - guaranteed scream-fest!

papal
03-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Lana, I will check tmmrw and let you know (i just saw your reply). I am pretty sure it is the smallest size, yellow in cotton. But i will double check for ya.

jubilee
03-18-2004, 05:44 AM
1. sling, preferred the Bjorn instead
2. combi perfect match stroller, should have gotten a better stroller
3. exersaucer

otherwise, I really consulted these boards and of course the Baby Bargains book!

Jen in Chicago
03-18-2004, 10:43 AM
I have to defend the sleepsack! Jude never wanted to swaddle, so this was perfect. Never thougth I would spend the first week of June in Chicago looking for one. It was cold when Jude came home and the condo's boiler was off for the season. He still wears them. He can crawls and stand in them without a problem.

I have a friend who lost a child to SIDS. She is buying sleepsacks like they are going out of style, and she has our hand-me downs. I would say the 0-3 mo size would be a waste, we went right to the Small not knowing there is an X-S.

Jen in Chicago
03-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Gosh, I have a hard time thinking of things. We LOVE the Diaper Genie, Sleepsacks, bath towels and Baby Bjorn (I think this is the best invention ever for city living!) I wondered if we should have skipped the Snugride and gone with a convertible, but decided the Snugride was worth every penny when we needed it.

I think I need to say all of the various bottles we bought. Jude was very selective. I started with the Avents, and slowly moved down the price scale. Jude likes the Gerbers, the last and the cheapest I tried. At 3 mos when he went to daycare and I was pumping I could pump right into them. Why I did not go with them right away I don't know.

I am fortunate that I got a lot of input from friends and family about our choices. The Pack N Play we never really used until recently (we used those of family and friends when we traveled.) Now that the crawler is in a constant state of action the Pack N Play is our way of containing him since the fun days in the Exersaucer are more limited now.

Hopefully this thead will help the planning mothers out there.

Jen in Chicago
03-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Ok, I thought of something... Baby Einstein CD's. Never openned them. We listen to music in his room all the time, but normally Instrumental stuff we received or his songs.

brigmaman
03-18-2004, 11:45 AM
That was going to be mine, too! I look at it each day and think of 100 ways I could have spent that money. (It was a gift, so that's even more selfish of me!)
For us, the changing table and bassinet were also useless!

sntm
03-18-2004, 12:03 PM
1. OTSBH -- could never get it to work.
2. Combi activity rocker -- should have spent less for a bouncy he actually would like
3. Overalls with big clasps -- just pushed into his face.
4. Hats before he could sit up

DH would probably have a longer list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

hellokitty1
03-18-2004, 12:18 PM
We got the side snaps too and thought they were useless. But now we use them under DD's pj's at night. Most of her sleepers are button snaps (instead of zippers) so I was worried about a draft. So now we like them a lot but only for underneath her pj's at night.

amp
03-18-2004, 12:19 PM
1 - bassinet (he woke himself up everytime he moved around)
2 - matching hats that come w/ newborn outfits. They won't fit him till he's a toddler and well past the time the outfit fits!
3 - bouncy seat - luckily we borrowed it!
4 - baby bath robe
5 - hand mixer to make baby food with. Never used it.

JacksMommy
03-18-2004, 04:04 PM
1. Combi perfect match stroller. Definitely should have bought a better stroller

2. Chicco Mamma high chair - what a waste of $150! Fortunately it was a gift.

3. Avent bottles - I bought about thirty of them in preparation for going back to work and then DS wouldn't take the nipple. The only one that worked for him was the Playtex disposable - go figure. The Avent bottles wound up being expensive milk bags. Definitely don't buy a lot of bottles until you know what works!

4. Graco Pack n Play - this was also a gift, and never even got opened.

Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02

vikivoly
03-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Baby Bjorn

Bottle warmer

August Mom
03-18-2004, 09:24 PM
1. Maya Wrap Sling (DS hated this, but loved the Bjorn)
2. Baby Trekker (DS wasn't fooled. He wanted the Bjorn)
3. Pacifiers (DS wouldn't take one)
4. Bottles (DS wouldn't take one)
5. Highchair (I guess we needed one, but DS sure never liked it)

ppshah
03-18-2004, 10:04 PM
1. Changing pad covers. Used them a couple of times. Then realized it's much easier just to change the baby on the vinyl and clean-up is easier in case there was a poop explosion.

2. Bjorn. It was wonderful the few times I used it. But a cheaper one would have worked since I didn't use it that much.

3. Baby Robe: DH bought this in a moment of weakness.

4. Newborn socks - they never stayed on.

5. Baby hooded towels. These were gifts and we do use them- but honestly regular towels would work just as well- maybe even better. They are cute as hell though.

6. Fancy baby oils and lotions. Eucerin works the best.

Okay I think that's it. Not too much junk. LOL

JLiebCamm
03-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Almost all of my extensive Lamaze Toys collection. I thought they were so cool and bought anything that I could get my hands on, especially if it was at TJ Maxx or on Ebay. But DS really never liked his soft toys and showed minimal interest in everything except for the shape sorter. Oh, well. Maybe my next child will get some use out of them.

cvharris
03-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Clothing - DS grew way too fast to wear even half the stuff he had before the 6-12 month size
Pack n Play/Bassinet/Snuggle Nest - he hated to sleep in these
Bottles/Pacifiers/Bottle Warmers - hated bottles and pacis
Play Dome (gift) - never used

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

C99
03-20-2004, 02:03 PM
1. The Eurotub. I used it once and then found it easier to just get in the bath with him.
2. Maclaren Global stroller. I hate this thing!
3. I'm Still Me backpack diaper bag. It's gorgeous, but the configuration doesn't work for me.
4. Ultimate Crib Sheet.
5. A sound monitor. We use the video monitor exclusively.

C99
03-20-2004, 02:07 PM
(can you tell I'm just now reading this thread?)

Barbara,

I almost said the changing pad in my list. We got the antique dresser and put a changing pad on top. Used it for about 6 months and then started changing him on the floor anyway. I only spent about $40 on the changing pad and covers, so I suppose it was worth it, but part of me wonders why we bothered at all!

I also could never figure out the Boppy.

akc
03-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Hi -

Amazing how much you have to say about this, esp when it's your 2nd-time around:

1) the 5-way Pack n' Play. Silly - just get a one way, least expensive. It eventually becomes a time out place, and that doesn't need any extra stuff. Who goes camping with a pnp anyway?

2) Diaper Genie - of which we had 3 b/c we live in a 3-story house. Had to get 3 Diaper Champs and well-worth it b/c they use regular trash bags that we get at Sam's for a lot less than stupid refills that go in a stinky thing (man, when you open that thing - PU!)

3) Ultimate Crib sheet - c'mon - we just got these waterproof soft pads that tie onto the sides of the crib (about 16 inches long and then crib width) - can't remember who made them but I'll look if someone wants me to. They can go under the bum if you're diaper leaks or the head if he/she is a drooler or spituper (that was our problem). Then, you just whisk it off into the laundry and tie on a new one!

4) Blankets - you will get 8 million as gifts! I've sold a bunch at consignment b/c we literally have about 30 and you'll find you use the same ones!

5) Expensive name-brand, store-bought stuff: First, I get almost all "Gear," "toys," and "clothes" at consignment stores. Two near my house are really nice and you just take the "new" edge of the price, even though things are often new. I got my swing, ultrasaucer, double stroller, etc. there and save much $. Have a friend who just got a brand-new ultrasavvy for HALF price ($120) there. Second, I was psycho about getting Pampers Custom-Fit cruisers and brand-name this and that the first time. Now, I'm in love with the White Cloud diapers (store brand of Walmart) and we're switching for formula, sippy cups, etc. Take my advice - it's worth the work to find the generics - you'll save a TON of money!

HTH -

Alexa

Imperia
03-20-2004, 03:58 PM
1. Crib (and to think I was stressing it wouldn't come in time). She sleeps in bed with us, and I think we both feel better that way. I sometimes put her in her crib while DH is at work so I can have a shower, but she doesn't "sleep" in it for long.

2.Gowns and Side snap shirts. I HATE gowns, thought I woudl love them, but DD is a mover and a shaker, and I was always having to pull them down because they would bunch up around her armpits! Side snap shirts are 1) ugly and 2) pretty darn useless.

3. Sleep sack. First of all DD was born very petite. When she was still sleeping her crib I tried to put her in one of these (not Halo) and the sleeves were way too long. I had to roll them up and I panicked about them getting near her face. The thing was just massive on her in general and I didn't like how it bunched up around her face in general. Plus, even though I live in Reno, Nevada and its freezing here in January the thing seemed HOT. I prefer to dres her in cotton jammies.

4. Receiving blankets. Why I bought so many of these is a mystery. I have a package that is still unopened because 2 or 3 was plenty. DD
HATED to be swaddled after about the first week, adn we only used these when we went out to wrap around her whil etaking her to and from the car.

That's it for now can't think of a 5th one.

Imperia