PDA

View Full Version : OT--foot cream

crl
03-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi,

Nearly sandal weather--I hope! So I need to get my feet in sandal-wearing shape. I have these ugly callouses (sp?) that I need to do something about.
x( Any suggestions for a good foot cream?

Thanks!

peanut4us
03-18-2004, 12:32 PM
It's not a "foot" cream, but it is awesome for stuff like that. Eucerin brand lotion... they also make a thick cream. I use that all the time on my feet, elbows... anywhere I feel particularly "unsoft" Cheers! OOH! ANd I saw it at Costco recently, WAY cheaper than anywhere else.

August Mom
03-18-2004, 12:52 PM
My mom swears by Neutrogena Foot Cream. Use one of those heel files first and then apply the cream.

hobey
03-18-2004, 12:56 PM
I love the pedicure kit from Origins. It comes with a pumice stone, foot soak, exfoliating cream, a foot cream, and a leg cream for $25 (I think). Plus you can leave the baby with DS and disappear for an hour to pamper yourself in the bathroom. :)

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

cuca_
03-18-2004, 01:19 PM
My heels get very dry, and not long ago, while getting a pedicure, the guy doing it recommended vaseline petrolum jelly. He said to lather it on my feet and put socks over it before going to bed. I have yet to try it, but soon will (since spring hopefully is around the corner). If it does work it's a pretty cheap solution, albeit not very sexy. I also like the Sally Hansen foot exfoliator (I don't know the exact name) you rub it on and it gets rid of a lot of the dry and dead skin.

HTH

Carmen

khakismom
03-18-2004, 01:36 PM
The vaseline with socks over it totally works and works really well. When you wake up, your feet are almost as smooth and babies--or at least it feels that way to me! :) I also slather vaseline on my hands and wear gloves overnite. Same deal--super soft hands when you wake up! :)

crl
03-18-2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I've got a pumice stone that I sometimes remember to use on my feet. And I've got some Vaseline. So, I guess I'll try stepping up the pumice stone use and using the Vaseline with socks first. Here's hoping Spring comes soon!

sntm
03-18-2004, 03:53 PM
even better - Bag Balm. also sold as Udder Cream. Stinky but it works. And for some reason, cats love it...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03