PDA

View Full Version : Found a site for the birthday!

jd11365
03-20-2004, 11:02 PM
We have a lovely covered pavillion at a relatively quiet county park booked...was supposed to be $50 bucks, but she didn't charge me because she was leaving the job in a couple of weeks...no complaints here. They have a barbque there, but since we saved the $50 bucks we might just order some food...anything to simplify is the goal IYKWIM. There is a playground and even a smaller toddler playground, but that one is across the street for some reason...volleyball net...nice bathroom facility...swings for infants right there... The only thing is, it's 20 miles from the house (35-40 minutes away)...I wish it were closer, but everything else was booked...and again, this one is free...we like free. ;) And better yet...it's not at my house! I get to come home after a long busy day and not have to clean up a mess...that's a good thing!

So it's all my friends who I rarely see now that I SAH...they live in another town...and my playgroup friends...and of course the grandparents... I guess we all just chill and eat and mingle...they boys can play volleyball...we girls will want to chat... The kids are all under 2, so I don't know what they really can do other than run around...hope mommy or daddy will steal away from catching up with each other and put them on the swing or take them on the play equipment... Should I plan anything else or just keep it unplanned and casual? Food...friends...cake...presents...home... Sound right?

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Sounds marvelous!!!!!!
I wouldn't plan much, have fun with it and relax!!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

jamsmu
03-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Jamie,

I'm so glad this worked out for you! What a fun picnic in the park! I'd keep it at that. People know how to have fun on their own! :)

Tondi G
03-21-2004, 01:37 AM
Just to butt in really quick. I've always found balls are good for park parties.... either blow up beach balls or those 99 cent balls they sell in the grocery store or at target... get abunch so there is no fighting over them.... but they are cheap and always seem to make the kiddos happy! You could even get a ball for each child as a party favor!!!!

Good Luck.... sounds like the makings of a great party!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason (7/8/01)

jd11365
03-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Balls...check! Excellent idea!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03