PDA

View Full Version : When does it count?

momma_boo
03-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Sarah has started taking a few steps at a time over the weekend (actually, she really started on Friday at daycare, but we'll pretend that didn't happen ;) until we saw it. Does that count as "walking?"

I'm so bad about keeping track of her milestones b/c they are never so definitive. I realized the other day that I'm not sure what her first word was. She kept saying daddy all weekend but she's also said hi, bye and momma as well. *sigh* I'm so bad at this kind of stuff.

So when did you all consider it "walking" and not just taking steps?

Momof3Labs
03-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Well, I was tough on Colin and counted it as walking when he did it consistently. He was taking steps as early as 9.5 months but didn't start walking consistently (in fact, he went a few weeks without taking any steps before starting to walk) for about 5 weeks after his first steps. Many babies don't take quite so long between first steps and all-out walking.

But yes, it is hard to measure many of these milestones!!

jd11365
03-23-2004, 09:59 AM
I remember posting a similar question about something different...when does it actually count? II think it was for her first word. 'm so bad at this myself, but I have to see it hear it clearly for it to count. I thought she said mama the other day (she says dada perfectly...traitor ;)) but until I hear it clearly to my face I haven't "counted" it for the baby book. My mom on the other hand was the complete opposite...you should see my baby book...I must have been a genious...I think she counted things before they actually happened... ;) Anyway, I've taken to writing the month instead of the actual date. Like crawled at 6 months...or whatever...instead of the specific date...takes the pressure off.

Congrats on the milestone!! Now go write all this stuff down in the baby book right now before you forget!!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03