PDA

View Full Version : Not the Dada!

bluej
03-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Does anyone remember the TV show 'The Dinosaurs'? I believe that's what it was called. Where the baby referred to the daddy as 'not the mama'. Ryden doesn't call me mama. Instead, when he sees me he says 'nada'. Of course, in my warped little mind I'm convinced he means 'not the dada'. And I have to confess, I'm a bit hurt. How I can be amused and hurt by something at the same time, I don't understand, but that's just the truth of it. Please give me some other meanings 'nada' could possibly have! That are positive!

Btw, I should point out that Caden didn't say Dada for the longest time. Whenever DH held him he would scream Maaaamaaaaaa! So I'm at least thankful that Ryden isn't screaming for his Dada all day long!

starrynight
03-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Yes I remember that show, not sure of the exact title, you could be right.

All my kids said "mama or mummm" first. So far after they learned it all I heard after that was dada though. Daria called me dad for about 6 months straight, drove me nuts. ;) But now all I hear all day long from Alex is "mom, mom mom" so I kinda wish he would "learn" dad again!

and 'nada' could be banana if you have ever fed him that before, or nana? Alex decided that was what he was going to call my mom eventhough none of us suggested it. He was about a year old when it started.

redhookmom
03-23-2004, 02:39 PM
That is so cute.

"Nada" It most likely code in baby language for "beutiful and most amazing MaMa."

hez
03-23-2004, 02:51 PM
I vote for your definition!

Imperia
03-23-2004, 03:30 PM
AWWWWWW! I can understand feeling a little hurt, but I am sure he will adjust.

I remember that show. The baby dinosaur also used to say, "I'm the baby!"

Imperia

JacksMommy
03-24-2004, 01:56 PM
I think that if Ryden was actually putting together a complicated phrase like "not the dada," you'd have a genius on your hands! More than likely, it's just his pet name for you - many kids say dada first, it's just a matter of which syllables their mouth learns first, not who they love better! It's natural to feel hurt but I thinik in this case, you can rest easy knowing that you son is learning how to call you for 'specially.

Cheers,
Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02