PDA

View Full Version : Uneventful 2nd pregnancy-Is it possible?

jk3
03-26-2004, 09:18 AM
Just curious if anyone had an uneventful second or subsequent pregnancy after a difficult first? Along the same lines, if anyone had a first prematurely, were you others early too? I know everything happens case by case so what happens for one will not neccessarily happen to anyone else, but I had a difficult first pregnancy + would like to be hopeful this may not happen again!

Jenn
DS 6/2003

KGoes
03-26-2004, 11:17 AM
A dear friend of mine had a fairly eventful first pregnancy and was induced a couple weeks early. Her second pregnancy is so easy that she reports that occasionally she forgets that she is pregnant. Another dear friend of mine had a three year odyssey to stay pregnant with several tragedies along the way and is now having an uneventful pregnancy with twins! I would talk with your OB about any specific concerns, but from my experience it is definitely possible!

Kelley
DD born 7/03

trumansmom
03-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Although I haven't been quite so fortunate, both my best friend and my SIL have reported their second (and third for BF) pregnancies were MUCH, MUCH easier than their firsts. Easier 9 months, and much easier labor and delivery as well.

And regardless, even though this pregnancy has been really difficult, and my first wasn't all that easy, it will be well worth it very, very soon. I think knowing how wonderful the payoff is makes it easier. :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

brubeck
03-26-2004, 12:08 PM
My first pregnancy wasn't bad until the last trimester when I had severe water swelling and ended up being induced for pre-eclampsia at 38 weeks. The water was terrible because I was so swollen it would literally hurt to do something simple like grip my toothbrush in the morning. It was pretty hellish.

The second pregnancy was much better, with occasional discomfort from cramps, pooping, etc. And this one went full term with no sign of water swelling.

jk3
03-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Thanks. I really appreciate everyone's responses. I like my OB a lot but he does not like to play the odds games. I also asked if I might have an easier time because I was working a pretty demanding job + getting erratic sleep last pregnancy and now I'm at home (which is demanding in an entirely different way!) but he just said it depends. I had a lot of uterine irritability the first time around so bedrest was a neccessity for just over 2 months. I'm hoping the second time will be okay but if I have a healthy baby in the end it really doesn't matter. Just trying to be super positive!

Thanks again. =)