PDA

View Full Version : I am the only one???

flagger
03-27-2004, 01:16 AM
Please tell me I am not the only one who has to throw out bottles of formula because I cannot remember if I have added three or four scoops to 8 ounces of water. I mean what is so hard about counting to FOUR? Usually I mix up a big pitcher, but that is in the wash and I always have at least one ready for Cocoa in the morning. I think this is now the fifth time I have done this.

luvbeinmama
03-27-2004, 01:59 AM
Hee hee. I have to admit that if I put the water in first and the formula in on top of it, I would be throwing out bottles right & left. Fortunately for my checkbook, I put the formula in first, and the water 2nd.

kijip
03-27-2004, 03:27 AM
You are not alone...sometimes I can not even remember to shake the bottle before trying to feed!

DDowning
03-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Ah yes, I've caught myself staring at a bottle numerous times after a brain spasm. It especially happens if DH asks me a question in the middle of counting. Umm, hello, aren't women supposed to be better at multi-tasking?

The worst is when I have the powder pre-sorted in the Sassy organizer. If I have enough measured powder for a 6oz bottle and a 4oz bottle I can usually tell the difference between the two. If there's only one side left - I can't. Fortunately, I'll just dump that back into the formula container and measure again so no loss there.

flagger
03-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Since she was very little, to help with weight gain, we have been mixing individual bottles for 22 calories instead of the normal 20 calories. Because of this, I have to add an exact of amount of water and then I put formula on top. Why I don't use two bottles is beyond me. Probably another question for another day! ;)

lmariana
03-27-2004, 12:33 PM
This happens to us all the time! I too use a big pitcher most of the time, but when I do have to mix an individual bottle, I really have to focus!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

JenCA
03-27-2004, 01:42 PM
I am glad I am not the only one who can never keep track of whether the last of the pre-sorted formula in the Sassy container is 4 or 6oz! I actually labeled the top of the container once, but that only works if you remember to spin it back to its original place after you dump the powder into the bottle. ;)

Sarah1
03-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Nope. Happened to me all the time...I'd be in the middle of scooping and then be distracted by some thought in my head, then look down to the scooper and completely forget where I was. Clearly I was unable to scoop and think simultaneously...

pamela mom of 3
03-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Yes, i also sometimes have "missed" the bottle and it's gone all over the place..and heck they are wide mouth! x(

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

luvbeinmama
03-28-2004, 03:04 AM
Ah, see, I measure the water in a measuring cup, warm it up, then put it in the bottle.