PDA

View Full Version : toddler party goody bags

stillplayswithbarbies
03-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Help, I need ideas . . .

What to put into party goody bags for 2 year old girls? We are celebrating Logan's birthday at daycare tomorrow and there are two girls who are two, what do I put in their goody bags? I've never done this before. We are supposed to give them bags of something, yes?

There is also a 6 month old boy, what I can put in a bag for him?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

redhookmom
03-29-2004, 10:21 PM
I don't thind a 2 year old is expecing a goody bag.

But, they are fun to give. The ones my son gets are filled with dollar store type items and candy.

The two year old girls might like playdoh.

MelissaTC
03-29-2004, 10:28 PM
I gave out bags for Matthew's birthday. I found play-doh at the dollar store (mini cans) that came with a few tools. Each kid got a play-doh with a tool. They all got swimming goggles (they came 3 or 4 to a pack...gotta love the dollar store!). The girls also got some hair things and the boys some sort of car thing. Each kid also got a little bottle of bubbles. It cost me a few bucks to put this all together.

stillplayswithbarbies
03-29-2004, 11:13 PM
I can go to the dollar store in the morning, this is a good idea. Play-doh and bubbles sound good. I think I'll do bubbles for the boy baby too, his mom can blow them for him.

Thanks everyone!

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

blnony
03-29-2004, 11:56 PM
We went to a party a couple weekends ago and they did the cutest thing.
They had Dora plastic cups with a 5 pack crayon, crazy straws and little bitty play-dough and a Dora pen/marker which was washable. Very cute idea b/c it was a Dora themed party.

Jeanmick
03-30-2004, 01:03 AM
For my DD's past birthdays, I've given goody bags. I've put in things like coloring books, crayons, small bottles of bubbles, healthy snacks (i.e, oatmeal bars). Once when I went to my god-daughter's birthday, my friend gave my DD (who was three months at the time) a really cute, inexpensive rattle she bought at Big Lots (the old "Pic-n-Save") store.

For my DS's first birthday, I decided to do something different because I really didn't want to deal with buying a bunch of stuff this year. We ended up buying bought a bunch of red heart-shaped mylar balloons since my DS's birthday was on Valentine's Day and used them as give-aways as our guests left. We had designed and printed out a small card saying "Thank you for helping us celebrate DS's First Birthday today!", hole-punched the card in the upper-left hand corner, and tied the card to each balloon string. I was a bit worried that the balloons would not have gone over well, but the little ones really liked them!

HTH! :)

khakismom
03-30-2004, 01:17 AM
Bouncy balls, mini cans of play-doh, small things of crayons or colored pencils, post-it notes or small notepads, pencils, hair clips/bows/bands, M&M minis, fruit snack packs (these are great and can coordinate with the gift bag or theme), suckers, cheap bracelets, stickers, Matchbox (or Matchbox type) cars, keychains, small slinkys.

cara1
03-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Depends how many kids and how much you want to spend. We had an Elmo party, and I gave out plastic Elmo cups, little matchbox cars with Sesame characters in them, and Board books. I thought about giving each kid a travel magna doodle, but they're not cheap.

Tondi G
03-30-2004, 01:03 PM
I was going to suggest PLaydoh, bubbles, crayons, maybe some animal crackers or other snack!

Another thing we got at a birthday party that was great and didn't cost much was they bought each child a ball.... you know the ones that they sell at the grocery store for 99 cents! All the kids were happy and no one fought over balls! You could also do a blow up beach ball if you don't want balls all over daycare!!!!

Good luck
~Tondi