PDA

View Full Version : Teething question--blood blisters (?) in gums

beckyr88
03-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Hello--hoping someone can reassure me...

DD *never* lets me look in her mouth, but just now while changing her diaper I cought a glimpse in her mouth. It looks like there are two big blood (black-ish! ) blisters and it's swollen where her top molars seem to be coming in.

Is this normal to have the dried blood in there? She's not acting funny, so I don't think it's bothering her too much, but it *looks* icky and painful. This didn't happen with the front teeth.

This happen with anyone else? Thanks in advance!!

leanng
03-30-2004, 10:09 PM
I haven't had that problem with my own child but a friend of ours took their daughter to the pediatric dentist with exactly that concern. The dentist told her that it was entirely normal and that sometimes the teeth just cause pressure and blood builds up. Her teeth 'broke' through and everything was fine. Hope that's what is happening with your daughter.

Best of luck
LeAnn
Mom to Alex 11/12/03

C99
03-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Becky,

Does it look sort of like a bruise on her gum? Nate didn't get this, but my neighbor's daughter did. I remember thinking how painful it looked, but the little girl seemed nonplussed by it!

beckyr88
03-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Yup, it looks just like a big, dark bruise, on both sides. She isn't bothered by it though... And I did check in Sears' Baby Book, and he says this happens sometimes.

I feel better knowing others have seen this! Needless to say, I was just a little shocked. Also because I had NO idea she was getting molars yet!

Thanks!!