PDA

View Full Version : Looking to replace some things... what kind do you have & do you like it?

mamicka
04-01-2004, 01:01 PM
When we got back from vacation we discovered that our printer had died. What kind do you have & do you like it? We just want b/w laser or high-quality inkjet.

Also, our dishwasher has been broken for a while. I need to have someone come look at it to see if fixing it is worthwhile but if not... what kind do you have & do you like it? My main desire here is something quiet & energy efficient with a versatile interior, preferably with the utensil tray in the door. Stainless interior would be nice as well.

Thanks!
Allison

kristenk
04-01-2004, 01:19 PM
As for the dishwasher, what kind of price range are you thinking?

I have a definite recommendation for the printer, though. DH just replaced our printer and I'm so happy he did! Our new one is amazing, and it cost $90 (or so). It's a Canon i560s and it's incredibly fast, quiet and can even print pictures. DH did a bit of research on printers before deciding on this one. Who knew I'd be so excited about a printer?!

Kristen
Mommy to Ellie 2/13/04

mamicka
04-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the printer recommendation. I'll have to give that a look. As for dishwasher prices, the cheaper the better, of course. I'd like to stay under $500.

Thanks!
Allison

houseof3boys
04-01-2004, 03:43 PM
I love our Minolta b/w laser printer. We got it after rebates for about $100 too so it was a great deal. There seems to always be deals so check out www.edealinfo.com to see what printers they are showing as great deals since there seems to be one at least everyday.

I would get a Bosch dishwasher. It is extremely quiet and well made.

Happy Shoppping. :)

LD92599
04-01-2004, 03:46 PM
I've seen the HP 1012 Laser printer on sale in Staples for $149. We use them at work and never have a problem....laser seems so much cheaper in the long run because of toner vs. ink. However, this is assuming you don't want to print photos, etc. we can 6 months at least w/o replacing the toner in our HP1300 and we print alot!

We have a Whirlpool dishwasher...don't remember which model but it was one of the more $$ ones...knock on wood, no problems plus it's pretty quiet.

Laura
mom to William

kristenk
04-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Do you have a membership to consumer reports? If not, I can give you a list of their highest-ranking dishwashers. I know that I prefer getting feedback from an actual person, but the list could be a start. Let me know.

Kristen
Mommy to Ellie 2/13/04

Grace_underfire
04-01-2004, 06:29 PM
I love our printer it is a Canon i860. Does great, is quick and the pictures that it prints are amazing. It was around 150 and it is the step up from the i150 that they recommended here as well. I love it. One good thing about canons is that their inks are considerably cheaper than anybody elses.

I also want a new dishwasher... mine has rust all over the place!