PDA

View Full Version : Tammy - how are Lauren's hands?

mamahill
04-06-2004, 12:05 AM
I was thinking of you and Lauren tonight as I was pulling some stuff out of the oven and Ainsleigh was nearby chanting, "Hot! Don't Touch, Ainsleigh! Hot! Need Gloves!" I kind of shivered as I thought of your ordeal with Lauren and was wondering what ever came of that ordeal.

Hoping all is well...

etwahl
04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
so sweet of you to think of us.

she's recovered perfectly.

now if i could just get her to stop touching the dang thing when it's cold. sheesh. now when she tries to touch, i raise my voice and say NO, HOT. DON'T TOUCH. she cries a little and then tries again at which time i have to remove her to another spot.

any other suggestions?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

COElizabeth
04-06-2004, 11:10 AM
I'm glad she's just fine! I am still trying to figure out what to do about "hot," too. If James goes over to the glass fireplace and puts his hand on it (it's off if he is awake), I tell him, "No!" and make him stop. But I don't know whether to say it's "Hot" or "Might be hot!" I mean, "hot" is definitely the shortest, clearest message, but if he is touching something that isn't hot at the time, I wonder if he is really going to understand what I mean!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

mamahill
04-06-2004, 05:23 PM
It wasn't until Ainsleigh was about 18 months old that she really started to get it. Otherwise I would remove her far enough that I could quickly do whatever. The only time she actually touches the oven is when I'm cleaning it because she "helps" clean it. But when it's hot I just say, continually, "Hot! So Hot! Don't Touch! Hot!" And that usually is all the time I need. Also, if I see her coming, I raise my voice. Not screaming :), but it's the one time I don't feel it's wrong to raise your voice. That, and not holding my hand in a parking lot.

I'm just glad everything is ok!