PDA

View Full Version : What baby item / baby gear would you customize?

firstbaby
04-06-2004, 09:56 AM
The WW bag co-op and the "best invention ever" thread have me thinking - if you could customize any piece of baby gear (crib, stroller, etc) what would it be and how would you customize it? Kind of like American Chopper...

firstbaby
04-06-2004, 09:56 AM
The WW bag co-op and the "best invention ever" thread have me thinking - if you could customize any piece of baby gear (crib, stroller, etc) what would it be and how would you customize it? Kind of like American Chopper...

jk3
04-06-2004, 10:13 AM
I have customized some of DS's item + in hindsight, I wish I hadn't. I love his name + love looking at the monogrammed blanket, stroller blanket + jacket but what am I supposed to do if I want to use them with another child? Patches? Not very attractive! I think I would just personalize one special baby blanket per child!

Jen in Chicago
04-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Customize or personalize?

I would customize Strollers! I am 5'6" and DH is 6'4", finding a stroller for us was a nightmare. We love our Zippy, but would love higher handles. The Macs, Peg's and Inglesinas were all OK (we REALLY shopped around, to the point of overkill I admit.) I would love to be able to pick and choose what features you want/need. All I would add to my Zippy would be a cup holder and longer handles/arms/whatever you call those.

While dreaming, I guess I would add a cell phone spot.

firstbaby
04-06-2004, 01:50 PM
I would probably customize a stroller as well - I'm sure it wouldn't be possible to have a well-built stroller that had wheels that could be changed out - from 4 to 3 -- or handlebars that could be changed - from a bar to umbrella stroller handles -- but wouldn't that be cool?

amp
04-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Probably a stroller and a diaper bag. I only own one stroller and two diaper bags, but that's because I can never find exactly what I want! I don't think it exists.