PDA

View Full Version : Neve - how was the fundraiser and where are the pictures?!

NancyJ_redo
04-06-2004, 01:23 PM
I hope the fundraiser went well, I'm sure all your hard efforts paid off. I'm curious to hear what you ended up doing to give away the prizes and would love to see pictures of all the lovely bridesmaids' dresses!

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Nancy,
Thank you so much for asking, I have meaning to post but Sunday caught me almost comatose with exhaustion and we've had a whirlwind since then...so it's so nice to take a break and share how it went, you are so sweet to ask...

It was a HUGE success...I had no real way of keeping tabs on how many particpated but we think about 50...it might have been 40 somehting. It felt like 100 but from the money raised it couldn't have been...

We collected $5421 that night...and a friend emailed me today and said most of her sponsors have just gotten back with her and that I'd be thrilled so I suspect single handed she might have taken us over $6,000 (she is just that kinda gal)....

We raffled the items and folks applied their tickets specifically to waht they wanted...and in the final hours (Friday) I emailed the particpants the list of stuff and many got their donations by selling raffle tickets-it might have not been the best way but since we got the gifts so late I couldn't really do anything else. I made sure that any participants giving their own money applied it to raffle tickets. I won a Hurricaine Hockey stick signed by all of the team members that recently sold at a silent auction for $350...and am tempted to sell it for the SPCA, but Steve won't let me I don't think.

Almost everyone dressed up but I stressed that folks didn't have to for my goal was to raise money and if I had to many "rules" I would leave money on the table and didn't feel I could do that.

When I say everyone had a blast I swear I can not say it enough it exceeded anyones expectations...

When I told Melinda we earned that amount I wish everyone could have seen it and been there for that. Keep in mind she is run on $30,000 a year and if she gets a $10 donation she has to run it to the bank with it so things clear...In 22 years this was the most money she has ever gotten at once. I honestly thought I was going ot give her a heart attack...she is like a new women with this money...
She shared she slept with it for two nights until deposting it today :)...
She also shared that she has only felt this way once in 22 years since starting the shelter and that was post op when she got some Valium. Sadly I believe her...

Steve forgot his digital camera so I have to get my film developed and put on disc...but I will share!!!!

Thank you again for asking...
I swear it took on a head of it's own...all I did was think of the idea and from there all of these dynamic gals (and a few guys) ran with it...super easy to do!!!!!

Hugs,
Neve
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

amp
04-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Neve, That sounds fantastic! You definitely have a head for organizing and fundraising! Way to go, girl! Pat yourself on the back. You came up with a doozy of an idea and it worked! Good job!

Momof3Labs
04-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Wow, Neve, that is amazing!! Does Melinda have special plans for the money?

jd11365
04-06-2004, 11:18 PM
You are definitely an extraordinary woman!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-06-2004, 11:50 PM
We are hoping to get a fence up for the animals...she has none, and since there is not only Melinda and another worker (who I think is considered part time but works close to 40 hours) there isn't even anyone to walk the dogs. and walking them and going up to oofer with that little staff actually causes problems. I can't do it for then I dream of these dogs and many are on my mind for a good 2 years...I know that is bad but i know my limits...

We have a donated fencing that is damaged in spots and we have taken it a part and measured how much of it is "good"...

Martin Marietta donated a good amount of gravel to us today, we paid $300 but it was worth way more and we got a truck and driver to donate their time (unheard of in these parts)...Melinda wrote that $300 check like a pro. And evidently her part time worker took in $50 from a man who surrendered a dog (his donation) and she laughed because melinda normally would go crazy over that...but she laughed that melinda now "has money" :)

She did have to write a $2000 insurance bill
and is behind on trash collection of like $300
and owes $400 to folks who delivered "free" Science Diet food but charged out the ying yang for the delivery (we canceled that and are now trying to do on store donations)...
So sadly the money will be used quicly but it will get her caught up...

I got Waste Industries to cut her bill in 1/2 so that should help too...

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Jamie you are sweet, but I am honest all I can say is I came up with the idea and slightly "told folks"...there are many many many who did way more than I did since they worked and could drum up support etc...
If I was not in the women's networking group it never would have taken off...those gals rock!!!!

I lucked out :)...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

NancyJ_redo
04-07-2004, 12:32 AM
You are much too humble Neve. I'm so happy to hear about what an enormous success the event was, you should be very proud of your efforts and the results!! Congratulations!