PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Add-a-pearl necklaces?

sbirmantaz
04-06-2004, 03:48 PM
I am interested in getting one of these and wondering where was a good place to get one or any other info on these necklaces. Thanks

Jeanne
04-06-2004, 04:18 PM
I didn't purchase the necklace myself, but my first DD was given one for her Christening. My friend put 5 pearls on it to start. It came on a 16 inch gold chain and is from a jeweler in her town. It can be taken to any jeweler for additional pearls as time wears on. I've been meaning to talk to the jeweler about it as I think the necklace is made to be worn with the pearls as they are added, and then eventually, the necklace would be restrung with knots upon completion. Not sure how much the pearls cost either.
You can start them in the traditional one size design or graduated as my DD's is. If you decide to get one, let me know what you find out.

farsk
04-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Hello!

My mother had considered doing this for Ellen and when she talked to a jeweler friend, she did not think it was a good idea. Her thoughts were this: the pearls would not be the same size, luster, luminescence, and may not look good together as a group.

Anyway, that's not really my own personal experience, but advice from someone I trust.

Good Luck