PDA

View Full Version : Selling the business...going insane

jd11365
04-06-2004, 11:14 PM
So DH got the call and the promotion...so we had just this week to sell the business because he starts on Monday...so no time to run the business anymore with his new hours. I found a great family (I think) to buy it. We have a lot in common...but I'm so nervous it's all going to fall apart. DH can only take the guy around to show him our accounts on Thursday, and I can only meet with her on Friday to sign the contract... So basically, they would have seen our "goods" before they sign the contract on Friday. Please tell me this will all be alright. I've already had to call the woman twice to reschedule because of DH's company switching times on him this week, so I don't want to call back again to ask for money up front (like I should have) making me look like we are in a hurry to sell and scare them off...even though we ARE in a hurry. She originally said her DH would service the accounts for free this week as good faith, but we declined so DH could meet with the customers himself for the last time to let them know what was happening and to thank them for their years of loyalty. He thought it was cold to just have someone else show up. So I guess it was my fault that I don't have some kind of "good faith" money or something. They live in the next neighborhood, though we've never met. They sound like nice enough people... I just can't rest until this is over...3 sleepless nights left...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

pritchettzoo
04-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Going insane is bad. Don't do it. ;)

Good luck! Take some Benadryl (or have a stiff glass of whatever) and get some ZZZZZZZZZZZs.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

papal
04-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Jamie.. deep inhalation..... relax your shoulders...relax your throat.....relax your face....exhale. REPEAT.

did you repeat??

i am sure your instincts were correct and the buyers are honest, trustworthy people. don't stress!!!
congratulations to your dh on the promotion!!!

jd11365
04-07-2004, 09:31 AM
I repeated...several times...thanks. Well, one night down...two to go... We've had the business for 10 years and now to sell it is stressful enough...but to sell it so quickly is even more stressful...and then on top of it to only hope the deal is going to stick because you didn't get $ up front...ugh.

Relaxing shoulders...relaxing throat...relaxing face...exhaling....REPEATING!

And thanks for the congrats!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03