PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch the Bachelor?

Grace_underfire
04-08-2004, 02:18 AM
I hope I am not the only one totally addicted to the Bachelor. I was looking forward to this first episode :)

Did you watch it? I feel so trashy watching reality TV... oh well sure feels good after a long day at work!

jamsmu
04-08-2004, 09:40 AM
I watched! A bit long for me, but pretty good. What a mistake he made!! Can you imagine how Katie must feel!? Good for her staying in there. Who do you think the spy is? The stalker?

Andrea S
04-08-2004, 10:29 AM
I watch it too. I spent the whole time trying to figure out who the spy is.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

papal
04-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Yes, i admit.. i watched the 2 hour episode yesterday. And i think i know who the spy is... i kept looking at the dress she was wearing since they blurred the head. Shall i tell? Shall i tell?
OK, i missed the last 15 minutes because i was feeding Leela... WHAT HAPPENED!????? Please share!!

I was also flicking back and forth between THE SWAN and THE BACHELOR. That Swan show was pretty awful. These plastic surgery shows really make me nauseous....also.. i don't think their problems were physical in the least.. they were not so bad looking imo.

g-mama
04-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Yes! I admit it, I am a reality TV addict. This season does look like it's got a lot more drama than usual, with the spy and the stalker. How bizarre is that whole stalker thing? It would appear that the spy is the short-haired model, Trish, because she's the only one with short hair and in a couple of the shots where the spy's head was blurred out, it looked like short dark hair, but that would such a giveaway that I'm thinking it's not. Anyone else?

Kristen
Paolo 3 years
Benjamin 7 months

NancyJ_redo
04-08-2004, 12:54 PM
What?? I didn't even know it was on last night. They didn't do their usual barrage of never ending commercials promoting it in advance. Besides I was too busy watching my other reality TV addiction - American Idol :)

peasprout
04-08-2004, 01:29 PM
I agree that the spy is Trish. She seems a lot older than the other girls and giving her the first rose would have been a perfect way to get the catty girls' panties in a wad. I think if he were to really give the rose to the girl that he had the best impression from, it would have been that soccer girl. He seemed to rave about her.

sweetbasil
04-08-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm a Bachelor/Bachelorette junkie...so embarrassing, but I've watched every season and just can't stop. I keep saying I won't watch the next season, but then I do anyway. Oh, well. Last night was goooooood, too! ;)

jamsmu
04-08-2004, 01:56 PM
AND Trish had on a black strapless and so did the spy in some confessionals. BUT they showed in the previews that Trish will be there for a long time. So I really wonder how long he'll keep her?

g-mama
04-08-2004, 02:02 PM
I guess he'd have to keep her there for a long time to be able to have her insights. I think you might be right about Trish being the spy because she does seem older and a little over the top, based on the preview scenes, so she might be over-acting just to get a reaction from the other women.

Kristen
Paolo 3 years
Benjamin 7 months

Sarah1
04-08-2004, 02:29 PM
I was listening to the radio this morning, and they had two different reports (apparently combed from lots of internet research) that the spy is Jenny S. She's the blond w/broad shoulders and arms, who was the swimmer (the only one, basically, who isn't a waif!). Apparently she swam at Univ of Florida, at the same time Jesse was in school there (which is my hometown, btw, but I digress). She's married to his best friend.

They're trying to be really sneaky by showing "the spy" in different wigs and dresses and altering her voice. Personally< I think it would be more interesting if we KNEW who she was and could watch how she interacted with the other girls.

I was pleasantly surprised at how good the show was. I've watched all the Bachelor installments (yes, I am a total dork) and so far think this is shaping up to be the best one. I thought the girls were all beautiful and look forward to some good catfights. And I liked Jesse a lot. He was more genuine than I expected.

Plus, DH watches with me and provides a very witty critique. That makes it all worth it!

Grace_underfire
04-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Yah I agree - the spy is Jenny S. In the UFlorida website she shows up in the swimming history page and Jenny Deloach or something like that so the S must be her married name! Also yes... she did not look like 90% of the other girls here right out of a catalog page!

Anyway I think it is going to be good. I don't know what the big deal is with that Trish... to me she did not look that AMAZING as they are making her be! Then again ... I am not a man!

Can't wait for the cat fights and the token pshyco... crying girl that will ruin her life on life TV. I still don't understand how they get so into it that when they get kicked out they make such fools of themselves.

Andrea S
04-08-2004, 04:55 PM
I do not remember Jenny S. What color dress was she wearing??

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

sweetbasil
04-08-2004, 05:18 PM
>Personally, I think it would be more interesting if we KNEW who she was >and could watch how she interacted with the other girls.

Taken from www.abc.go.com:
Wednesday, April 14, 9/8c
Chris Harrison introduces the 16 remaining women to the "Ladies' Villa," and Jesse goes on three dates with the women. Also in this episode, the audience learns the identity of the spy when she gives her first report to Jesse about the women in the house. At the end of the episode, Jesse must narrow the field from 16 to 10.

So it looks like we'll know next week, but from everyone's sleuthing here, it sounds like it's Jenny for sure! ;)

>Plus, DH watches with me and provides a very witty critique.
>That makes it all worth it!

My DH acts like he won't watch another episode, but always ends up in the room, making witty critiques, too. Too funny!

Oh, and Andrea, here's a link to a pic of Jenny S.: http://tinyurl.com/22kcd

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-08-2004, 07:44 PM
I highly think she is the spy...she is not as attractive as the other gals (in my opinion)...and they showed littler interaction...

and come on gals we know better than to think this gal is being interviewed in what she wore last night?????...and since she is so fuzzed up I am certain there are some wig scenes...now that I'd bet my last dollar. Steve kept saying "she has dark hair"...and I'm like "come on you know these folks aren't going to make it that clumsy...."

I was almost 100% she was the spy...and then second to her the NFL cheerleader ...and oddly third to that I thought the gal he accidently picked...wouldn't that have turned us off...

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THE WHOLE IDEA OF A SPY...
I hate it!!!!! Sure it is fun for the viewer BUT honestly would Steve have stayed with me if he knew what I might have said my first few weeks dating him....would I have stayed with him if I knew he "kissed and told"...
It's not a normal way of selecting someone...it just isn't...not like this is BUT ....
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-08-2004, 07:45 PM
I LOVE her dress in the scene where she is walking in...the black and white "Flimingo dancer" style...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

alkagift
04-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Sarah,
I'm from Gainesville too!! I wonder if we've ever met...no need for seven degrees of seperation there, even if we haven't met I'm sure there's only two or three degrees needed!!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

Sarah1
04-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Really?? OMG! I'm going to PM you...

Andrea S
04-09-2004, 11:15 AM
AT firstI thought it was the cheerleader then I thought it could be the one his picked by mistake, but I do not think they would have staged that whole thing. I do not think if he told me that he meant to give my rose to someone else that I would have stayed.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02