PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get photo albums?

nofeea
04-10-2004, 11:39 PM
A while ago someone posted about a web site to get photo albums. I remember looking it up and really liking the albums- pictures could be placed vertically or horizontally in the plastic slots (not peel pages) in a lot of the albums. Now I can't find the site. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tracey
04-10-2004, 11:45 PM
I don't know if this is the same site, but try www.exposuresonline.com. They have beautiful things! I too would love to know of any other sites that sell quality albums.

ppshah
04-11-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm a big fan of albums where you use corners to attach the photos. It's a lot more work upfront...but I think it gives a timeless look.It also gives you flexibility in the photo configurations. Plus some of my old chilhood albums with plastic pockets have started to come apart.

Just a thought

goosey77
04-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Do you know of any good places to get those types of albums? I prefer that kind as well but the only places IRL I have been able to find them is at places like Ross and Marshalls, but its hard to get multiples of the same and you never know what they will have.

ppshah
04-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Most of the ones I have are from India- they have the hand made paper which I love!!. I've seen some in book stores Like Barnes and Noble & art supply stores. I'm sure you can order them online..ofoto.com has several for sale but I'm sure they're available cheaper on other sites. Remember to get acid-free paper to protect the pictures. I buy the corners at art supply stores.

nwaddellr
04-12-2004, 09:46 AM
I think the site you're looking for is www.centuryphoto.com - their stuff is very high quality as well.

713abc
04-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Another line of quality albums is Molly West, www.mollywest.com

aliceinwonderland
04-12-2004, 10:47 AM
not to detract from the thread: But what do archivial, long-lasting album pages look like, and where can I get some? We have awesome pictures from our wedding, but opted NOT to buy the album (it was so much more expensive), so now I need one. It doesn't have to look wedding-ish, I just want a quality, long lasting album that won't ruin my photos...

nofeea
04-14-2004, 04:53 PM
Thank you! This is actually a different site than the one I saw last time but it looks great!

suribear
04-15-2004, 12:41 PM
For archival quality, go for scrapbooking album. K and Co. is my favorite brand.

Whatever method you use, make sure you use page protectors on the photos, or they'll get spoiled!

Kris