PDA

View Full Version : Eye Discharge - Is this pink eye?

hobey
04-12-2004, 03:07 PM
DS has had a small amount of cream/yellow discharge out of his left eye all morning (it looks like the same type that makes "sleep" on you and me) but no other symptoms. Anyone experience this? I figure I'd call the ped this afternoon if it doesn't decrease.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

muskiesusan
04-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Nick had this a couple of months ago with no other symptoms and it was an ear infection. I would definately call the ped.

Susan
Mom to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

jd11365
04-12-2004, 04:33 PM
I'd call the ped too... Clear is ok...yellow or green is a no go. Kayla had a blocked tear duct, but this was from early on...I think Nathan would have showed symptoms (gooey discharge in corner of eye...sometimes causing the eye to be so sticky it gets glued shut) of this much earlier if that was the case, but you never know.

The ped will probably just prescribe some drops to clear it up. Hope your little guy is goo-free soon!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

josephmama
04-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Ditto the ear infection and sinus infection! DS had the eye discharge with both.

Jeanne
04-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Just went through this with both my girls. They were given drops but it turned out to be a bacterial eye infection that went into ear infections. Their ears were clear when I had their eyes checked but only 4 days later, the ear infections came out. I would call your Ped to be safe.