PDA

View Full Version : I'm embarrassed to ask but I will anyway... re: girdles

mamicka
04-12-2004, 07:34 PM
I'm planning on wearing a (gulp) girdle this weekend at my sister's wedding. I've never worn one before so I'm confused. Do I wear it under or over my hose? TIA!

Thanks!
Allison

Marisa6826
04-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Usually under - instead of underwear.

If you wear it over your hose, and can't put them up well enough, then you will be really uncomfortable AND have panty lines.

Why not just wear control top hose??

Calvin Klein has nice ones.

-m

sweetbasil
04-12-2004, 08:10 PM
About 8 weeks after Kellen was born, my sister got married. Our dresses had spaghetti straps, so I bought a control slip/dress w/built-in bra that worked really well. I've used it three or four times since (it worked like a charm after Charlie was born, too)!

Have a great time at the wedding :)

mamicka
04-12-2004, 09:06 PM
I would just do the control top hose but I'm short so I always have trouble with comfort - they're always too long.

Thanks!
Allison

Marisa6826
04-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Allison-

If not TMI, are you thin or toting some pounds like some of us ;) ?

I think Evan Picone sells petite ones.

I'm 5'1" but not thin, so I find that the smallest queen ones usually fit me well.

-m

mamicka
04-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Thanks! Yes, I AM toting around a few extra pounds.:) How'd you guess? I'll have to check out Evan Picone - I'm about 5'1.5" so they might work. Thanks for the tip!

Allison

AngelaS
04-13-2004, 07:38 AM
Since I'm not sure the technical term of 'girdle' do you mean a high waisted panty designed to hold your butt and tummy in or an 'all in one' designed to slim you from crotch to breasts?

My experience was to wear my hose both varieties (yeah, I'm holding onto a couple extra pounds too...). I found tho, that the full body variety looked more flattering on me. If I wear a high waisted panty variety, I get a tire around the bottom of my ribs that is just NOT sexy.... LOL

And if you really want to know TMI, I'll give you a great story about trying to hook the crotch hooks of an all in one while wearing a floor length velvet gown in the ladies room.... :D LOL

Marisa6826
04-13-2004, 09:22 AM
If you can't find Evan Picones, try the Hanes Her Way Barely There ones. They're quite decent and not a fortune :)

Have fun at the wedding!!

-m

teddy
04-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Angela's suggestion of an All-in-One item is good. I wear these when I have the occasion that calls for a dress or gown. They make you look so smooth! Your extra pounds are smoothed over so they are less conspicuous. A good foundation garment makes all the difference. Congrats to your sister and her husband to be!