PDA

View Full Version : OT - Need an easy, healthy fried rice recipe

LucyG
04-13-2004, 08:34 AM
Does anyone have one, or know of a link to one on the web? Thanks!

Jen in Chicago
04-13-2004, 10:04 AM
I cheat and by TJ's fried rices. They are cheap and easy!

miki
04-13-2004, 07:14 PM
I use leftover rice, little frozen green peas, some onion or scallion, some lean meat or a few slices of ham cut up into small bits, and one egg per person (egg whites if you want it super healthy and use twice the number of eggs). Saute onions first in a little canola oil, then add the rice. Push that around until the rice is hot, then add peas and meat. Then make a space in the middle of the pan and put the eggs in there and scramble around. When the eggs are almost done, mix it up with the rice. Season with salt or soy sauce and add some chili-garlic for a kick. Voila!

LucyG
04-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Wen,

THANK YOU!!!!

Tondi G
04-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Saute onions, zuchinni (chopped tiny), scallions in a little oil, Add how ever many eggs you want and scramble. toss in some frozen peas and carrots and add the pre cooked rice... add soy sauce to taste! You can always start with some chicken or meat of your choice as well!

HTH's you!

~Tondi

himom
04-14-2004, 05:00 PM
After I read this thread last night I got a yen for fried rice. This morning we made it with leftover rice, some frozen chicken, eggs, and frozen peas & carrots. I sauteed a little garlic in olive oil, then added the thawed chicken (1 inch pieces) until cooked. Eggs next, then once they were done I dumped in the thawed veggies and rice. Soy sauce & pepper to taste, and it was done. It was really good -- I'm not a good cook so I'm kind of impressed with myself!

As a bonus, DS ate everything I gave him, including the peas and carrots. This is a small miracle considering his recent vegetable strike.

Thanks for the idea!

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003