PDA

View Full Version : Baby/Toddler Expo

jamsmu
04-13-2004, 12:38 PM
The Phila. area expo is this weekend. I've never been and will probably go. Has anyone been to this before? Is it a worthwhile thing to do? Can I/Should I bring DS?

Is anyone planning to go to it this weekend (in Fort Washington, PA)?

sbjf
04-13-2004, 07:07 PM
I went to one here in Atlanta a few months ago, it was sponsored by Dodge and it was AWFUL!!!!!!!!

I had hoped to be able to preview/try out products in person and maybe get some give aways and/or special prices on stuff, WRONG!!!!!

It was at least 15 bucks to get in and all I got for free was an ice cream cone. The only item that I got to try out in person (as opposed to seeing it only online) was the Floppy Seat. No special deals on it though, oh no!

Most of the vendors were insurance type places, money investment people, etc. People with products didn't have any give aways or good deals at all.

I was incredibly dissapointed and walked away feeling like they should have paid ME to go in there and be exposed to all their vendors/sales people.

They did have rides and food for toddlers/kids, but you had to actually pay EXTRA for any of that! UNREAL.

If yours is sponsored by Dodge, do not go! If it sponsored by someone else I recommend calling them ahead of time and asking what vendors will be there and if there will be any special sales deals, products to see/try out, etc. Also ask if there are any additional costs for any 'amusement' rides (slides, etc.) and food.

MinnieMouse
04-13-2004, 09:32 PM
I go every year...I live only about ummmm 4min away?? Beth's day care is literally down the street from the expo center.

I really like it. Yes there are some annoying vendors, yes you have to pay extra for the petting zoo and the train. There is entertainment, clowns, a radio station or two and TONS of free stuff. CHOP has a huge section set up with all kinds of info as well.

I would definitely bring your ds...Beth was just shy of 2 last year and had a blast.

Also...all our local BRUs and Genuardi's supermarkets have discount coupons.

Our plan is to go Saturday morning.

Christine

jamsmu
04-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Hi Christine,

Thanks for the advice. I used to live in FW, so if its nice out, I may even walk around the neighborhood, we lived off of Camphill Road.

I'm so glad you said its worthwhile. After reading Bonnie's post, I was thinking that I may not go. Now, I'm definitely planning on going! I did get a coupon. Looking at my schedule, I'll probably be there Sat. morning, too!

Jeanne
04-14-2004, 10:04 AM
I was wondering if that was any good. I live in Horsham but have never gone.

Jeanne
04-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Are you still close by? I'm in Horsham but have never gone to that particular event. We did just go to the Pet Show though. DD had a blast!

jamsmu
04-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Jeanne, I'm in West Chester now, but thats not too far to go to the event. Hope to "see" you there!