PDA

View Full Version : NEED teething help!!!

JenaW
04-13-2004, 02:20 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this...

My 11 month old is cutting 3, possibly 4 teeth at once! He has been a bear for over a week. One has finally broken through...the other 3 are visible right at the surface. His bottom two weren't this much of a problem. Besides tylenol/ibuprofen, what else can I do? He has refused just about everything I have tried....freezing a washcloth, teething rings (cold and room temp), chiling a paci (which he normally doesn't use anymore), chewing on cold fruits (pear, apple, etc.) He just wants to nurse all the time (a slight problem becuase I am 15 weeks preg and trying to think about weaning sometime soon) and he uses ME as the teething ring - SO NOT COOL!!!

Any advice from BTDT???

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03

billysmommy
04-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Jera,
I don't really have any advice but we are going through the exact same thing. Billy is getting 3 teeth and nothing works this time. He'll take a bite or 2 of food and then it seems to bother him, sucking on a bottle hurts. Even nursing seems to hurt some, he'll suck lightly but as soon as he starts to drink the crying starts again. Tylenol doesn't work at all, Motrin gives about 4-4.5 hours of relief and then the whining and clinging starts again. Hopefully someone has some advice....

votre_ami03
04-13-2004, 03:35 PM
This was me a couple of weeks ago. Nolan got his 3rd bottom tooth & 2 uppers all within 2.5 weeks. We were both miserable. :( I tried the Hyland's Teething Tablets a couple of times, avail at Walgreen's (baby section) & Tylenol. I didn't use them together b/c it seemed to make him wired. Other than that, he did accept the ice teething rings & he has this teething washcloth thing by Sassy (it's a plain old washcloth w/ribbon trim & teething nubbies). He also chewed on mis soft Lamaze toys.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

votre_ami03
04-13-2004, 04:24 PM
I have given Nolan celery stalks when he teeths. I first discovered this while eating wings. He loves celery, he used to gun it & now he kind of shreds it w/his teeth.

Haven't tried this one personally, but someone also told me to try brocoli. Give the baby part of a crown & they can chew on the flowerette part.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

Jen in Chicago
04-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Jude got 4 teeth at the same time around New Year's/Christmas. We basically gave him things to chew on 24/7. His teething bib from BRU was great, but anything he could put his teeth on was good for him. Unfortunately our fingers and arms were his favorite chew toys (the boob was taken from the running when 2-4 were coming in a month prior.) As long has he has something the gnaw on he was happy. The Ziewback toast and Gerber teething biscuits he liked/likes.

The first molar was his first period of extreme discomfort that I used the Tylenol for.