PDA

View Full Version : Photo software

billysmommy
04-13-2004, 09:39 PM
I have been looking for a reaonably priced photo software for our digital pictures. While we were at BJ's today, I got one called Photo Explosion Deluxe. It was 39.99 with a 20.00 mfr rebate which BJ's lets you so online with your receipt code :) I have been playing around with it tonight and I am very impressed. You can do so much with it. It has templates for cards, photo frames, cd covers, frames, scrapbook pages, so many different things. It also has a feature where you can set up slide shows set to music and burn them to cd's. You can alter the tone of the pictures (ie watercolor, oil painting, pencil, etc).
For Bill's b-day invitations we made a collage and then put a piece of vellum with the info over the pictures. We are going to give everyone at the party (all family) a cd with videos and pics from the past year. This software is cool because now I can design a better cd, and make a label for the top of the cd and for the case. This is going to be too much fun :)

abigailsmom
04-13-2004, 11:53 PM
is it possible to use it with scanned in photos? I do not have a digital, but I am snap happy with my 35mm. I am looking for software tho do all the things you have described without spending an arm and a leg.

TIA!

Rachels
04-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Wow. Is it easy to do the basics, like red eye removal, changing pixxel sizes, brightening, etc.?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

billysmommy
04-14-2004, 07:18 PM
You can use it with digital photos, scanned photos and also some video cameras. It is SUPER easy to use and it's almost "idiot-proof" that's me :) The biggest thing is if you are really going to be playing around with a picture, make a copy of it and play with that so you don't accidentally "mess up" the original. I did that with one picture (not a super great one though, thank god) even though it asks you multiple times are you sure you want to save the changes :)
It's really amazing the things you can do with it and I haven't even started exploring the bonus features cd :)

abigailsmom
04-14-2004, 11:02 PM
What is BJ's? I would love to find a deal like that around here! TIA

billysmommy
04-16-2004, 12:44 PM
BJ's is a wholesale club, just like Costco and Sam's club