PDA

View Full Version : Need baby shower games for guys

himom
04-15-2004, 07:43 AM
I got stuck coming up with the games at a baby shower for my cousin's wife. I don't know her too well, so I'm not very sure of myself. Also, it's a coed shower, and the men there will mostly be in their 50's or older -- uncles, grandpas, etc. who would most likely be happier going outside and inspecting the construction on the new addition they're adding for the baby. The rest of the guests will be your standard family party, complete with kids.

What shower games work for this kind of crowd? I'm stumped. The only thing I can think of so far is a baby pool, but I'm not even sure how to set that up. Guess weight, date, and time?

As you can see I could really use some suggestions! TIA!

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003

Jen in Chicago
04-15-2004, 09:50 AM
We did a baby food tasting at a co-ed shower. I picked 6 jars of a similar color. People had to match the number to the flavor. They could taste and smell. The guys got VERY competitive. A dad was sure he won, and he did not.

We also did "My Water Broke" while openning gifts I gave people a dixie up with an ice cube with a plastic baby in it (found them at a party store.) The first person who's water broke (baby melted out of the cube) said "My Water Broke" and got a price. The woman sat politely with their cups and the men were sucking on the cubes, rubbing them in their hands,... they got competitive once again.

I heard of bottle drinking contests.

Have fun!

littleme2
04-15-2004, 10:30 AM
On, A Baby Story, I noticed a cute game where they took 9 oz bottles and filled it with either juice or beer and the game was who could guzzle the liquid out of the bottle the fastest.

Hope that helps.
Meetu

boys2enough
04-15-2004, 10:43 AM
I think ANY game will make guys become competitive, it doesn't matter what it is about, as long as there is a WINNER, you can bet on it that guys will try anything to be that winner. Just my observation of our male species. ;-)

A warning for the game I am going to describe: GROSS! So stop reading if you are eating or are delicate in nature... lol

We went to a baby shower and saw a game that we've never heard of before: basically you have to guess which kind/brand of chocolate it is. The problem? each different chocolate candy is smeared on a diaper (clean and new of course LOL), but the visual effect is... Well, you can imagine.

Most women tried to "gingerly" take a whiff of the content without appearing too silly, while most guys were really putting their noses into it, some even asked whether it was ok to taste it (it is NOT allowed). Then they studied the texture, the color, like they were in a lab or something. Fascinating just watching them. ;-)

HTH. Cheers, Lin

suribear
04-15-2004, 12:05 PM
My favorite is this one:

Have each couple (or two singles - male and female) stand side by side. They will put one arm around the other so, between the two of them, they have a pair of hands. Make them undress and change the diaper on a doll, then put on a new outfit. The results are hilarious, especially with guys!

Make sure the two outfits are equally easy/difficult to put on and take off, as the next couple will take off the one the previous couple put on. Make sense?

Winner is the couple that does this in the fastest time.

I had a shower for my friend, and we did this game plus the taste testing, bottle guzzling (don't put too much liquid in them, because it takes forever!), name scramble (I wrote out the couple's names and guests had to come up with baby names using those letters), memory game and the standard toilet paper game "guess how big mom is". It was a blast!

Kris

MommytoDylan
04-15-2004, 01:53 PM
We had the guess the candy bar in the diaper game and it was really fun to the guys! Another hit was a eating race with baby food. The guys went first and had to pick a jar out of a bag (labels ripped off) and his wife spoon fed it to him. All the guys had on the bibsters. There were fifteen couples so they went in groups of five. Then the winning three had to race against each other but this time with the women eating. The man in charge made sure that the only food the women got was the baby meat. I was playing and pregnant and almost threw up. Everyone got very into it and there was lots of cheering.

HTH,
Meredith

llcoddington
04-15-2004, 04:40 PM
A friend gave DH and I a coed shower. Before we arrived, everyone decorated onesies with fabric paint. You can definitely tell which ones the guys did: "I'm with Stupid", "My dad's a geek", "Philadelphia Eagles", etc. Apparently, they had a blast.

We also did the baby food guessing game and the guys were much more amused by it than the ladies. They are still talking about the jar of
meat!
Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

Melanie
04-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Chug beer (or juice) in a bottle. Fastest one to empty the bottle wins.

Doll diaper changing contest...winner by applause vote or by speed.

Make a baby out of a piece of modeling clay.

The baby shower word puzzles (you can probably do a google for some of them).