PDA

View Full Version : Odd thing my DH said yesterday that made me feel so great.

peanut4us
04-15-2004, 09:40 AM
"thanks for going to work today" Weird, I thought at first. But then he explained about how appreciative he is that I do go to work and enable us to have a good life with one of us staying with Sara. And you know, I felt so appreciated right then.

So all you SAHP, make sure to tell your working SO thanks sometime soon. It made me so much happier to go to work today!

LD92599
04-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Joey:

You are so lucky to have Scott say that....now if I can get my DH to say the same thing.....

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-15-2004, 10:46 AM
you know this already...but whew he's a keeper!!!!!...what a special hub bub you have!!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

bluej
04-15-2004, 11:12 AM
He really is the best isn't he? You and Sara are very lucky (as is your DH!). Thanks for reminding me to thank my DH who is pretty darn great himself!

papal
04-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey Joey, you certainly have a great dh! And thanks for the reminder.. I will remember to thank my dh for going out and working everyday.
Your post reminded me of a time a few months ago. Leela was just a few weeks old. I was physically exhausted from everything and was complaining. My dh kinda yelled at me and told me to stop complaining (he was tired too, from working during the day and keeping diaper and burp duty at night). I was SO MAD that I did not talk to him for 2 days. Then, when the three of us were in bed on the 3rd night, he softly said, (so as not to wake up the baby), "I am so sorry. Everything I work for is in this bed right now. Please don't be mad".
That just started me crying and crying.

All of us who get to stay home because we have a partner that goes out and works are so lucky. I tend to forget that sometimes. Thanks once again for the reminder.

amp
04-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Joey, as always, thanks for the reminder to appreciate how lucky we are. I will thank DH tonight. ;-)

chrissyhowie
04-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Rashmi,

Your post has ME in tears now! That is one of the sweetest apologies I have ever heard.
(Then again, I got teary eyed watching American Idol last night -- how pathetic! I'm just a big mush-ball! :))

pritchettzoo
04-15-2004, 02:19 PM
Your DH is a peach and a half! Thank you for sharing that--I'll email my hubby right away. :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Sarah1
04-15-2004, 02:45 PM
That is so nice, Joey! And I totally agree with you--at least once a week, I tell DH how much I appreciate him going to work so that we can have such a nice life. I really do, because his job is stressful, and he works hard. And in the same vein, DH thanks me for all the stuff I do around the house...he'll say, "the house looks great," "thank you for such a nice dinner," etc etc etc.

I personally feel that showing this type of kindness and respect is one of the most important things in a marriage!