PDA

View Full Version : Someone convince me that I will have a baby someday (I'm serious)!!

aliceinwonderland
04-15-2004, 10:25 AM
NO, I am NOT tired of being pregnant, I DO NOT feel huge (although I am, I won't tell you how much I've gained, no one will know but me), and I am not even that uncomfortable. I sleep through the night, I'm still working, cooking, cleaning, the whole bit. I feel pretty good, actually. So, if feeling crabby is a sign of labor starting, then it will NEVER start for me. I have no contractions that I can feel, and I feel pretty much the same as I did in my 6th or 7th month (except for the huge belly)

I just want a baby already. As simple as that.Please don't tell me he'll come when he's ready. Due date is Monday. I'm SO JELAOUS of people who say that "walking did it for me", or Indian food, or Rasperry Leaf tea, or foot massage. I've been drinking the darned tea since 37 weeks. I walk like crazy. DH gives me a foot massage every night...I'm starting to lose feeling in my ankles, LOL

I'm actually looking forward to the whole labor experince (I know, I know), but getting convinced (I'm not kidding!!) that I will never go into labor. I know statisitcally the odds are very slim, but I may just be the first woman who was pregnant forever.
Getting a prenatal massage today. I'm sceptical.

ETA: ANy natural labor-inducing methods suggestions are welcome. Thinking of trying the Cohosh thingies next.

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-15-2004, 10:44 AM
when's your due date???
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

aliceinwonderland
04-15-2004, 10:50 AM
can you believe it!!

bluej
04-15-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm sorry to tell you that you could be pregnant for another 2 1/2 weeks yet.

I felt great with my first two pregnancies and when my water broke, both times I was stunned that it was actually happening already (two days before due date first time, two weeks before due date second time). The last pregnancy I was miserable at the end, not sleeping well, lots of pelvic pain, etc. Of course that was the baby that decided to be two days overdue. I know two days is nothing, but when you are miserable it's a LONG time! So I guess just be thankful that you are comfortable and feeling great and that the longest you could possibly be still pregnant is about 17 days!

amp
04-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Yeah, we're wondering when you're going to have that darned baby too! Kidding...kidding. But really, once that baby's here, you'll be so absorbed in that! It's almost here!

papal
04-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Sending you labour vibes Eri.... your baby will be here soon....hang on!
I hear that cleaning the kitchen floors brings on labor.. have you tried that yet??

new_mommy25
04-15-2004, 11:47 AM
AH Eri, you are bringing back memories for me :) The last few weeks are the hardest, but honestly, please enjoy it while you can. Go out to a fancy expensive restaurant with your DH. See as many movies as you want. Get all your last minute shopping down. Diapers, wipes, onesies etc. Scour the sales racks at Gymbo and Baby Gap. Address the envelopes for your birth announcement. Pack your bags. Make sure you have a pretty robe and slippers. If you don't, buy yourself one. Make sure you have plenty of film or back up memory cards for your camera. Go to a spa and get a manicure and pedicure.
SERIOUSLY!!! You may not get to do these things for a very long time.
Noah was born exactly on his due date. I was praying and hoping he would come early because I just wanted him OUT!!! But I am lucky he was not late!!

Hang in there girly. THis is the exciting part.
(((((((((((((LABOR VIBES)))))))))))))))

aliceinwonderland
04-15-2004, 11:49 AM
EVERYONE at work greets me by "You're still here?" "You shouldn't be here". nice, huh??

there's an older lady that proceeds to hug me every darned morning, because "this might be my last day". UGH!!!

aliceinwonderland
04-15-2004, 11:50 AM
I have done ALL, and I mean ALL of the above! My 2 cameras are gathering dust (literally) on top of my suitcase...

papal
04-15-2004, 11:52 AM
The older lady's last day??? Or your last day as a pregnant mom? And why can she not hug you when you are not pregnant? Or does she mean the last day before you take maternity leave?
Phew.. so many questions (just trying to keep you busy). :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-15-2004, 11:53 AM
This coming Monday????...or this past Monday?????
If it is this coming monday I wold imagine the 24th and kind of bank on that you will have the baby by then...

Just imagine that some finishing touches are being taken care of in these last few days...I know it easier said than done mind you I think I posted the exact same post days before my due date....

But I'd imagine 5 days post due date and just hang in there...
Go to a coffee mill and sit back and read the paper and treat yourself to a nice relaxing time...and a pedicure...:)...

Big hugs,
We can't wait to celebrate with you!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

aliceinwonderland
04-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Sorry, I quoted wrong...she thinks it may be my last day before I have the baby and go on my 2.5 month maternity leave...

off to have a massage. :)

jbowman
04-15-2004, 11:56 AM
I remember those last days--they were excruciating, especially b/c Ellie was 8 days late! I completely understand how you feel...physically I felt great at the end of my pregnancy, but I was very anxious to meet my baby! I thought that I would never go into labor (LOL I thought that Ellie would be so overdue that I'd give birth to her and then pack her off to college a couple of days later!). My advice is to relax, enjoy these last few days (hard I know!), hang out with your husband, go out to lunch, spend some time with friends, go to the movies, etc. Know that the baby will be here shortly. Have fun with this time b/c everything is about to change!

jojo2324
04-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Did you make it yet? :P

Seriously, it absolutely worked for me. And I was a big ol' meanie that day, so maybe it would have happened anyway. Regardless, it can't hurt, especially since you feel great and won't mind slaving away over it, LOL.

I had a pregnancy massage that was just heavenly, about a month before my EDD. It was the best thing ever, I wish I could have gotten one every week, every day!!

Hang in there, at least you're comfy. You WILL go into labor. You will NOT be pregnant forever.

JenaW
04-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Sex works for some!

I have to say - I had the complete opposite attitude as you. I work in OB and I WAS PETRIFIED of labor. I would have gladly stayed pregnant another nine months!!! As it was, I was induced 4 days past my due date....and my labor was fine!

BUT I PROMISE YOU....I have NEVER EVER seen a woman who was pregnant forever! In fact, once you hit your due date, you can start discussing an induction with your OB, becuase you really shouldn't go any more than 2 weeks past it.

Good luck - and I'm sending some labor vibes your way~

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Cautiously pregnant with #2 ~ EDD 10.13.04

aliceinwonderland
04-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Making it this weekend...As I said, I'm losing hope. LOL

Buffys Mommy
04-15-2004, 02:41 PM
I feel for you. I was so convinced that DD would arrive on her due date that I bawled when I left the OB's office that day after being told "no change". DD was 12 days late and I was actually scheduled for an induction 2 days after she arrived. And I was just like you, not very uncomfortable, sleeping fine (except for waking up to pee). I just wanted my little girl. Tried walking up a storm, sex, you name it. Nothing worked. And I was so sick of people telling me to enjoy the time I had left because I wouldn't have any free time, be able to sleep, etc. etc. after the baby was born. The funny thing is, the night she was born, I coughed, my water broke and DD arrived an hour and a half later. So maybe a coughing fit would work for you??? ;) I hope your little one arrives soon.

Edited because I can't type and hold a little one well.

Rachels
04-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Oh, Eri, I feel for you, sweetie. I wish there were a better answer than "He'll come when he's ready," but there really isn't. The good news is that you really start to feel like this pretty soon before you go into labor. You really are almost there. You can stand it, even if it feels like you definitely can't.

As for looking forward to labor, good! I did, too. Yes, it hurts. Yes, it's the hardest thing you'll maybe ever do in your whole life. But for me, even with what my doula termed one of the toughest labors she'd ever seen, I found that giving birth was tremendously powerful and transformative. You're not crazy to look forward to that experience.

Keep drinking the tea! It helps tone the uterus for birth. Remember that there are changes taking place even if you can't see or feel or measure them. Your hormones are shifting, your baby is growing, your body is preparing, your colostrum is coming in. You have not hit a static point. You don't have to be documenting activity for your birth to happen. Nobody in the history of time has stayed pregnant forever. You're going to have a baby very soon.

I'll be back Saturday. Do you have plans on Monday? I'd love to take you out for an early lunch if your labor hasn't started yet. I had lunch out the day of my labor with a friend with twin babies, and I am convinced that it helped get things kicking...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

aliceinwonderland
04-15-2004, 03:38 PM
I feel like such a drama queen. LOL

I'll keep drinking my tea, and eating pinapple, and making that eggplant parm (the family has got to eat, anyway!)...

I just can't wait to really be a mother, have that warm, squirmy little body in my arms and see if he really is a carbon copy of his father (which i think he is). I can't wait for my DH to look into his son's eyes and proceed to explain to him in all seriousness that even though we live in Boston, we are NOT Red Sox fans, but CUBS fans, and that they're doing ok so far this season, etc., etc.

I'll keep you posted.

Rachel: thansk so much for the luch idea! Monday may not be good, because of the Marathon, and that I think that will be my last day of work. But Tuesday(or any other day after that) would be great. I can meet you wherever the T goes!

eri and the bean, due April 19th :)

jubilee
04-15-2004, 06:27 PM
I had a friend that had plans to go to the zoo to photograph all the new baby animals, but she just went into labor! Maybe plan something and then Murphy's Law will make that baby come!

barbarhow
04-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Oh. I am so relieved to hear that you are not Red Sox fans....When I was reading this I was thinking oh NO not another REd Sox fan. The Cubs are just fine.
Okay. Back to your impending delivery. Sex. Chinese food. a glass of red wine. All in one night-not necessarily in that order. A little nipple stimulation doesn't hurt either. Get those hormones going. We want to see a picture of the bean!
Seriously, though-the trifecta listed-chinese food, red wine and sex has worked for many a friend that I have recommended it to. I did not resort to it. I felt too huge for the sex, the red wine made me too tired (only had a sip) but did eat the chinese food. Maybe it helped, maybe it didn't.
Hang in there. You'll have a beautiful baby in your arms before you know it. Thinking of you!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

pritchettzoo
04-15-2004, 10:24 PM
You will have a baby soon. According to my ob, the only thing that really works is sex. Something about the prostoglandins in the semen... Even if it doesn't work, it is guaran-damn-teed to take your mind off the baby for a while. It's also good for a few laughs as you'll be wondering when the crane will come in and where the candid cameras might be... If you do want to try it, don't make fake baby noises (for example, saying, "Ow, ow, ow, Daddy quit poking me in the head!") as I have been told that does *not* help the procedure. :P

I hope your bean gets here soon!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

starrynight
04-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Baby's not coming because your ready for him to LOL. My first 2 kids I had the suitcase packed and ready weeks ahead of time and they came within a day or so of their due dates. With Eliza I was busy and figured ya know what I got 2 weeks left and nothing was packed, we didn't even have her crib bought nevermind put together and a few other things in the house weren't ready. Wouldn't ya know she was the one that came 2 weeks early!

I have no suggestions that haven't already been mentioned (sex, walking etc) but you won't be pregnant forever that I'm sure of.

muskiesusan
04-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Just wanted to add that I know how you are feeling! I still have a week until my due date and feel great, but I am wondering if the baby will ever come! It doesn't help that Nick was two weeks early, and EVERYBODY keeps reminding me of that, so I end up feeling like I am a week late. I have to keep telling myself it could be three more weeks!

OTOH, Nick has decided the past two weeks to not sleep well, so I am a bit glad the baby isn't here yet. I don't know if I could take the stress of all that night waking at once!

Good Luck!

Susan
Mom to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

aliceinwonderland
04-16-2004, 10:14 AM
I tried the wine last night...but I'll do the combo tonight...

Rachel also said Chinese food worked for her and her friends...Any particular dish I should pay attention too (I don't normally eat Chinese food).

eri

StaceyKim
04-16-2004, 01:48 PM
i will be able be able to feel for you when you are 2 WEEKS LATE like me!!! i had to be induced!
no pregnancy lasts forever but mine sure felt like it!!!!
hope you don't have to wait as long as i did. it was very hard waiting.
good luck and keep us posted

aliceinwonderland
04-16-2004, 01:53 PM
go 2 weeks late. If conditions are favorable (which they probably will be, I was 80%+ effaced and fingertip dilated last appt.) he'll induce me a week after due date...That's why I'm exploring "natural" stuff first...

off to eat an entire pineapple :)

mommd
04-16-2004, 03:39 PM
SEX!!!!

It worked for me. I also had chicken fajitas the night before, so you can try that too. :)

Rachels
04-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Eri, you don't have to agree to be induced if it doesn't feel right to you. If neither you nor your babe are in distress, you don't have to consent to an unwarranted induction. Remember that your doctor works for you and not the other way around. But hang in there! There's no reason to assume you won't go into labor by then on your own.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

barbarhow
04-16-2004, 04:01 PM
I had ginger beef...very spicy.
And seriously-semen contains prostaglandins which help to soften the cervix. And I wasn't kidding about the nipple stimulation-it releases prostaglandins in your body which will do the same. Hang in there!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

jesseandgrace
04-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Grace was 9 days late!!!!!!!!!!!! I kept working, and it was horrifying to the court officers and judges who were convinced I would go into labor in the middle of a trial! On the other hand Jesse was a few days early, and we ate dinner the night before at Flora in Arlington right on Mass Ave near Cambridge. It was romantic and the food was great. I think it was the perfect pre baby dinner. Maybe you should give it a try! I can't wait to hear his birth story!

aliceinwonderland
04-18-2004, 09:02 PM
I hear you on the work thing...I have kept working as well (tomorrow, due date will be my last day), but I am SO SICK of people saying "we didn't expect you today", "no baby yet?", etc--so idiotic "No, I had my baby, I just stuffed a pillow under my shirt and decided to come to work as usual!"

In terms of food stuff: well, I have SO MUCH to try, and I'm starting to think NONE of it works. Eggplant parm is in the oven as we speak. Someone suggested "Red Bones" in Davis Sq. and bowling afterwards (!!), Chinese, etc.

Excuse my bluntness, but how do these kids that go a week+ overdue fit out??? OUCH! I think I'd be scarred for life!! (literally and otherwise!) (I'm rather glad my Dr. doesn't let one go too much over a week, but will try all this natural stuff first.

eri and the bean, due tomorrow :)

momathome
04-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Dh and I used to love Red Bones - he used to go there with his graduate school group all the time! Good luck getting that labor started!
-Lauren

Rachels
04-18-2004, 09:58 PM
>Excuse my bluntness, but how do these kids that go a week+
>overdue fit out??? OUCH! I think I'd be scarred for life!!
>(literally and otherwise!) >

Nah. They fit out the same way they fit IN. If you can stretch to grow them, you can stretch to let them out. Don't lie on your back to give birth, and you'll be fine.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02