PDA

View Full Version : Omarosa says "winning is for losers."

kristine_elen
04-16-2004, 02:26 PM
For those who love to hate her, two articles; one by Jet and a much less favorable one from People Magazine about her White House years.

Jet

April 12, 2004
SECTION: ENTERTAINMENT; Pg. 60
LENGTH: 626 words

Omarosa: 'The Apprentice' TV Show's Most Popular Contestant Has The Nation Talking And Watching

People are talking about Omarosa. She was the woman America loved to hate on business mogul Donald Trump's reality TV show "The Apprentice."
She was one of 16 candidates competing for a $ 250,000 job as head of one of Trump's companies on the hit show. Each week one person is eliminated or "fired" by Trump. And though Omarosa was fired in the show's 9th week, people are still talking about her.
Wherever she goes, she gets plenty of love and hugs and requests for photos.
She has been working on a book, fielding offers to host a talk show and is launching a line of business attire. She's also considering a run for an Ohio Congressional seat and may do political commentary for the upcoming presidential election.
"My hands have been a little full," she laughs. "I expected that I would win. But I have discovered that winning is for losers. I'm doing all right," she laughs.
With her tough, no-nonsense, confidence and sharp fashions, she was the spice and spark of the show, viewers say. She was the reason to tune in each week.
She also set off sparks of controversy after she left the show when she announced that someone called her the "n-word" during "The Apprentice."
Today, however, she refuses to talk about the alleged incident. "There's no comment on the n-word. That's something we have completely killed and we've gone beyond it. I have much more to focus on now. And I'm not going to focus on that at all."
She does say, however, that the show didn't accurately portray her. "These shows are constructed. They don't happen, nor do they portray actual reality. They are constructed reality."
She notes, "Historically, African-Americans have been portrayed negatively on reality television. We don't come across well. You've got to start looking and saying, 'Is that really how all African-Americans are?' Because they are trying to say that this is representative of our people."
She says Black men are often "portrayed as lazy" and Black women are portrayed "as aggressive and angry. It's a pattern."
Omarosa says in spite of her professionalism and academic achievements, she was described as "aggressive" and "as having a chip on my shoulder." "So it is consistent with what they have done in the past."
So, who is Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth anyway?
Omarosa is a former deputy associate director of Presidential Personnel in the Clinton and Gore White House and is a political consultant in Washington, D.C. She grew up in the projects of Youngstown, OH, and graduated from Central State University where she was crowned Miss Central State. She holds a master's in communications from Howard University and is pursuing a Ph.D. in communications at Howard. She and her husband, Aaron H. Stallworth, who heads a scholarship program for youth in Washington, D.C., have been married four years.
"My husband is really my secret weapon," she notes. "He keeps me grounded, keeps me focused. He's very caring and loving and very supportive. So whenever you have that kind of support system, you can go very far because someone believes in you and knows you and doesn't believe any of the hype."
She says she learned a lot from the show. "No man is your friend, no man is your foe. Every man is your teacher. I think there is a lesson in every person you come in contact with, good and bad. There's a lesson in everything."
She notes, "I learned to take advantage of an opportunity, to take calculated risks, to trust your intuition, trust your gut, don't be afraid to speak up for yourself and let your voice be heard." And along the way, she also learned some smart business moves from Trump, she says.
She returns for the season finale of "The Apprentice" on April 15 on NBC. Tune in.
GRAPHIC: Picture 1, Omarosa was the most-talked-about contestant on the hit reality show "The Apprentice."; Picture 2, A native of Youngstown, OH, Omarosa was featured in EBONY as Miss Central State University in 1986. She currently is a political consultant in Washington, D.C.
------
People Magazine

April 19, 2004
SECTION: SCOOP; Pg. 19
LENGTH: 258 words

Omarosa: The White House Weeks;
Years later, coworkers still can't forget their (brief) time with The Apprentice's diva

Donald Trump wasn't the first person to fire Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth, the combative Apprentice contestant who made a heralded return to the NBC reality show April 8. The former political appointee--who spoke glowingly of her White House days--was banished from four jobs in two years with the Clinton Administration. At her last one, "she was asked to leave as quickly as possible, she was so disruptive," says Cheryl Shavers, the former Under Secretary for Technology at the Commerce Department, where Omarosa worked several weeks in 2000. "One woman wanted to slug her." Manigault-Stallworth, 30, was also bounced from a previous position at Commerce, says another former administration official, "because she couldn't get along with people." At her first White House gig, answering invitations received by Vice President Al Gore, "she didn't do her job, and it got everybody in trouble," says a former Gore staffer. She was transferred to the White House personnel office, which later sent her to Commerce. When asked about her employment history, the former Apprentice at first told PEOPLE, "I left when I got married," but later said she left "to go out on the campaign for Al Gore." Manigault-Stallworth, who claims she's inundated with new job offers, said recently, "I'm a moving target. As soon as they think they've figured Omarosa out, I've already moved on to a whole different industry."
"She came to self-promote, and at that she was excellent" --a former Al Gore staffer, on working with Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth
GRAPHIC: COLOR PHOTO: LUICANA PAMPALONE/FHM, Moonlighting Apprentices (from left) Kristi Frank, Katrina Campins, Amy Henry and Ereka Vetrini posed for FHM magazine's May issue.; COLOR PHOTO: JIM SMEAL/BEIMAGES, Everywhere she worked she created controversy," says a former senior Clinton Administration official of Omarosa (seen here at the NAACP Image Awards in California).

mamahill
04-16-2004, 02:53 PM
That woman is wacked. :D (edited to add smiley)