PDA

View Full Version : Baby Musical instruments

jamsmu
04-17-2004, 08:41 PM
I've been looking for the sticks, egg shakers, bells, etc. that we use in music class. Does anyone who manufactures them? Thanks!!

redhookmom
04-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Our Kindermusik teacher suggested not buying KM products and instead Remo. Remo makes the Lolipop drum. I have the egg shakers, rhythm sticks and some other stuff I can't spell. The quality is great.

jasabo
04-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Not sure who makes them, but I just bought a box of music instruments at a teacher supply store last week. There are two tamborines, 6 maracas (essentially egg shakers with handles), and 6 bell-thingies (like a triangle shaped rattle with some bells attached to it). They also sold the sticks there and many other musical instruments. I think the store is called Learning World, or something like that. You can probably find a teacher supply store near you, or look online. They sell a lot of neat things, though most are for kids older then mine. The music instruments are a hit in our house though :)

Lisa - mom to 10 month old twin boys

mmaimp
04-17-2004, 09:26 PM
I just purchased shaker eggs and rhythm sticks for DS Easter basket. I called a local music store and they had RhythMix, LP products. They seem fine, very similar to the ones we use in Makin’ Music, though a little more expensive then I was expecting.

I remember seeing shaker eggs in catalogs I used to purchase from in my previous career as an Activity Director in an Assisted Living Community. I decided too late to get these items for Easter and did not have time to check out mail order. One catalog was S&S but I don’t remember the cost. You can ask you program leader to recommend a good place to purchase musical instruments.

mharling
04-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Rhythmix is the brand of egg shakers I've seen most and they do make other toys. If you did a Google search on Rhythmix egg shaker, I bet you'd find a fair number of online retailers that carry other instruments.

We got Lane some instruments at a local music shop. Just yesterday, I picked up a couple more at a teacher supply store. I have forgotten the brand names though, sorry!

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

Melanie
04-18-2004, 04:54 AM
I've seen the rainsticks at Gymboree and the Egg Shakers at Toys R Us.

redhookmom
04-18-2004, 08:46 AM
This is a great catalog for all kinds of great instruments including Remo.

http://westmusic.com/

jamsmu
04-19-2004, 12:28 AM
Thanks everyone!!