PDA

View Full Version : With a 2nd pg, do you still get a 2nd trimester energy boost?

COElizabeth
04-18-2004, 01:18 PM
I have heard conflicting reports and wonder what others' experiences have been. I'm a little scared for James (and my home) if I continue to be as useless as I have been the past few weeks! :)

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

JenaW
04-18-2004, 02:13 PM
OH gosh I seriously hope so! I am about 14 weeks, and although I can't say I have gotten an energy boost to the same degree that I did last time, I AM much less tired now than I was a few weeks ago. I was insanely exhausted and felt terrible for my 11 month old. I spent most of my days laying on the floor, while he crawled around me and played. I finally finished my progesterone which may have contributed to the exhaustion, but at least it is somewhat better!

I will say this though....I feel BIGGER and achier than I did with Carter at this same point. I wasn't anywhere near maternity clothes yet with him, but now, even though some are still big, NONE of my regular clothes even come close to fitting...even the ones that I bought last summer when I was post-partum. SIGH. Oh well, I am still so thankful that we managed to get pregnant again so soon as we had a very difficult time conceiving Carter....and I just keep reminding myself that the blessing I will get at the end of this will be worth the exhaustion, nausea/vomiting (which thankfully has ended as well), and aches/pains. I am stil trying to psych myself up for the sleepless nights though....we JUST got Carter to sleep through the night!

Sorry to be so long-winded, and congrats to you, by the way!

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Cautiously pregnant with #2 ~ EDD 10.13.04

EDITED To fix my horrendous spelling.

COElizabeth
04-18-2004, 04:04 PM
And congrats to you, Jera! :)

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

Chelsey333
04-18-2004, 06:42 PM
Yes, but maybe not as much! I felt terrible until about 20 wks with nausea and being tired. From 20-34 wks I felt pretty good. Now I am 37 weeks and I can't wait to be done. It is true, you feel the aches and pains a lot more. Lately I am uncomfortable walking bec I have to pee every 20 minutes. Even right after I pee, I still feel uncomfortable. But only a few more weeks, yeahhh! Congratulations!!

brigmaman
04-18-2004, 07:02 PM
Elizabeth, I don't have any advice- but I'm right there with you. I still haven't unpacked my suitcase from a trip I returned from on Monday and I could easily stay on the couch all day drifting in and out of sleep. I have found that if I'm out, I have more energy. Last week in Disney I went strong at the parks for 6 days and had no problems. With #1 I was working so I was always going. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll feel more energized!

Karenn
04-18-2004, 09:21 PM
You all make me feel much better! My house is in SUCH horrible shape! I don't have the energy to do anything. I find that I do have more energy when I'm out though. We were on vacation a couple of weeks ago and I was doing all sorts of stuff. Then we came home and I crashed hard! And Trish, my suitcase stayed packed for at least two weeks!

Now at 16 weeks, I'm finally able to skip my afternoon nap on occassion without dire consquences! I'm still feeling sick, but I think at least the fatigue part is getting better! I'm really hoping that I get at least enough energy to scrub my kitchen floor. It is REALLY bugging me!

drsweetie
04-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Heck, I'm still waiting for the second trimester energy boost I was promised with my first (and so far only) pregnancy! LOL!

McQ
04-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Yes! You will get that boost. I'm feeling great and have been for the past few weeks.

BUT like Jera said, I am BIGGER than I was at this point the last go around. I'm in that awkward stage where I'm not in maternity clothes yet but some of my regular clothes are starting to get tight. And while my belly hasn't popped yet, I feel very trunkish if that makes sense where you might as well put a sticker on my torso that says double wide. Argh!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

parkersmama
04-19-2004, 01:00 PM
I think yes. I didn't have as much energy the 2nd & 3rd times but definitely it did get better in the 2nd trimester all three pregnancies. I was essentially useless during the first trimester all 3 times and saw improvement in the 2nd trimester. Hope it's coming soon for you!

chrissyhowie
04-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Hang in there, everyone! I fell off the face of the earth 1st trimester this time around. You just don't have the time to rest as much as you had when there wasn't a #1 running around! I wouldn't say I had an energy boost once 1st trimester was over -- rather, I finally felt like myself again, which was just a hundred million times better than I had felt for three months! It does definitely get better :)!! And one piece of advice: FORGET ABOUT WHAT THE HOUSE LOOKS LIKE AND NAP WHENEVER POSSIBLE!!

toomanystrollers
04-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Well, indeed I did - I painted and wallpapered Tess's room and refinished a second-hand bedroom set for her :)