PDA

View Full Version : OOOT - Desperately Seeking a New Hair Style!!

kfcboston
04-18-2004, 06:36 PM
HELP ME PLEASE. I am sooooo sick of wearing my hair in a pony tail constantly. I'm edging ever closer to be being willing to do something drastic, but I don't have TOTAL confidence in my stylist. She's fine, but for something big I'm a little nervous.

If I could find a photo of something I like, maybe.....any one have suggestions of places to look on the web for hair styles? Or any advice in general? Aaaarrrgh!

(PS - I have shoulder-length, very thick light brown hair with wave.....well, honestly, more like frizz. That's b/c I insist in being LOOOOW maintenance - no drying tools used here, only product. Likely not a good thing with thick wavy hair, but I'm old and cratchety and don't wanna change. :) )

etwahl
04-18-2004, 06:56 PM
katie, just wanted to say i have thick, frizzy hair (UGH). i hate it because it's so NOT low maintenance...kwim? i blow dry mine straight and it takes forever. it drives me crazy. but i HATE the way it looks when it's not straight, if i just let it dry. YUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!

okay, so just a couple months ago i was asking the same question as you. well it appears there just isn't a low maintenance style for people with our hair. honestly, i have friends with the same type of hair and they say the same. i can tell you what i did, that did not work. i cut it shorter (between the shoulders and the ears) and the hair dresser put layers in it. well the length was OKAY, but the layers were BAD. it made it REALLY impossible to straighten, and then when i did try, it just got wide...so wouldn't lay as straight and flat as i like. so now i am growing it out. i like the above the shoulder length, but i have realized i need no layers (or only longer layers). i just have come to the realization that i have high maintenance hair (unless someone tells me otherwise). i blow it dry every 3-4 days...and wear a shower cap the rest of the times.

one thing if you don't like the straight look, but don't like your frizzy, curly hair...maybe a light wave perm? i'm thinking if you like the curl and the low maintenance, at least you can get a perm that's not frizz, you know?

anyway, i do check out hair magazines here and there, but yeah, you do have to have a good stylist, who can tell you if it will fit your face, head shape, and most importantly HAIR TYPE! like my hair doesn't work short...but my hair stylist (in a small town) thought i could carry ANY cut. well it turns out i can't straighten short hair easily, AND (even she said this) my hair doesn't look good curly (frizzy).

all this talk about hair has me wanting to do the permanent straightening (i think it was nancy) talked about. BUT there's no one even in this state who does it...so i guess i have to wait until i'm in a city that can do it and maintain it. because i think i'd like to try that sometime down the road.

good luck!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

JLiebCamm
04-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Your hair sounds like mine but a little thicker. I wear mine in long layers that range from a little higher than my chin to just above my shoulder. I use a leave in conditioner to cut down on the frizz and a little bit of mousse, then scrunch my hair with my hands while it's drying. I've done it both naturally and with a dryer; both ways work. The dryer gives me a little more body and thus a fuller look. DH actually likes it better when I don't use the dryer. When I'm going somewhere I can curl the layers and make it flippy. I can also still pull it into a ponytail with an occasional bobby pin to catch the shotest layer. It is a fairly low maintenance way to go.

papal
04-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Katie,
I have battled for years with the same problem as you have. I have thick, wavy hair and could not find a style that would look great AND be low maintenance.
I cannot tell you just how important it is to find a confident and experienced stylist. Here are some "tests".
- If you tell your stylist that you want to cut your hair super-short and they try to talk you out of it, then they are not the stylist for you. Your hair can be short, they just do not have the confidence to cut it that way.
- Second test, if they cut your hair below shoulder length and try to add layers to it.. they are crazy! For hair which is thick and wavy, layers do not work when the hair is cut short. It just makes it look like helmet head (unless you are willing to spend hours blow-drying it straight!).
-Third test...do not let them blow-dry your hair straight after the cut. It looks fantastic when you walk out of the salon but unless you have four hands, you will not be able to replicate this at home. I usually insist that I do not want a blow-dry, just to let it dry naturally.
- If the stylist 'tweaks' the cut too much by applying products and smoothing it down in places and stuff like that... that is not a good sign. Once again... almost impossible to replicate at home!

In my experience, you have to pay good money to get a good haircut if you have 'problem' hair like ours. This usually means the head-stylist of the salon. If you see someone with a great haircut, ask them where they cut their hair...this is how i found my stylist and i LOVE him!!! (if you are planning a trip to the DC-area, i could give you the salons number!!)

What will work imo. A super super short cut (think Halle Berry). When it is that short, wavy hair is straight. The stylist would probably take out a lot of volume. It should be wash-and-wear. You should not have to blow dry it or put products in it (unless you wanted to or for special occasions). This type of hair-cut does need upkeep... every 2 months you will need to get a trim. But i swear, not having to wrestle with my hair every morning, that more than makes up for paying for a cut every two months!

All this hair talk reminds me that i need a cut.. it has been over 4 months since my last cut! Yikes!

egoldber
04-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Find a good stylist before you do anything! Do not walk in with a picture to a mediocre stylist and say "I want this". That way lies many months of bad hair!!! BTDT

The only reliable way I know to find a good stylist is to find someone with really good hair and ask who they go to. There's no other way to know. Even expensive salons can have mediocre stylists. The salon I go to is kinda ritzy, but I would not let ANY of the other stylists touch my hair.

HTH,

etwahl
04-18-2004, 08:43 PM
rashmi, do you have halle berry short hair? i've never gone that short and have MAJOR fear. i just don't imagine it looking good on me, then i fear spending a year growing it out.

can you post a pic of you?

i don't think every 2 months is much upkeep. i go in every 6-7 weeks for a cut, color, and highlights, so 2 months isn't much AT ALL.

fwiw, i am going to the owner of the best salon in town (and a lot of people recommended her) and she didn't know how to cut my hair, so i'm kind of SOL, if you know what i mean. but i live in a small town. in san diego i had a great stylist and miss her dearly. but yes, a great stylist is key. i have never cared how much i spend on my hair, because it's worth it to have good hair, i'm a real beast when i don't.

i'd love to have the guts to cut it halle berry's length. but i just don't think i have the guts.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

aliceinwonderland
04-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Well, my hair is similar, except longer. I also have long layers...I do something similar to Jessica. I also REFUSE to blow dry, I never have and I hate doing it (and I suspect I won't be starting anytime soon, with a baby due anytime now).
ANyway, I wash it, use a VERY thick conditioner, rinse, then I use a leave-in type product that I happen to love (Frederk Fekkai finishing polish it's called, I believe, but there's many anti-frizz stuff out there). It is clear and comes in a small bottle. Then I comb and REALLY brush it. I let it air dry. Most days, it ends up looking ok for me. Sometimes (depending on weather, etc.) I get more frizz than I like, but what can you do. I generally like my hair, and I have gotten some compliments on it (especially now that the prenatal vitamin makes it shinier). Is it the polished, blow-dried look? No, but that doesn't match my personality very well either. This is a sort of free-flowing wavy type thing (with some frizz mixed in, LOL)

eri and the bean, due tomorrow :)

memedee
04-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Have you tried the Revo styler.
My friends with curly hair swear by it.

papal
04-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Tammy,
First of all, i just saw your pics on your website... you are beautiful girl and you would look great in ANY haircut!!! But you have to believe it... which means that if YOU think your haircut looks good on you then it conveys to other people.. i truly believe that! But enough lecturing... i searched and searched.. and this is the only half-way decent picture i have of me.... sadly i look nothing like Halle but i love my haircut! :)
Please note that i have probably just washed and air-dryed my hair here..nothing special.... gosh Leela looks TINY! She was just 5 weeks old. :)
And it is just hair.. it WILL grow back.. so even if you hate your cut (which if you get a good stylist, you won't!), it will grow out! You won't know unless you try right?

Eeeeks... becoming fearful to hit the POST MESSAGE... i hate pictures of myself!

etwahl
04-18-2004, 09:10 PM
that's a great picture! and you look great with short hair. the problem is i've tried going halfway short (just below the ears) and i didn't like it at all. and most people told me they liked me better with longer hair. the problem is i HATE my hair if it isn't perfectly smooth and polished. i hate the feel of my hair if it's only "half" straightened...it just feels WEIRD to me, and my hands keep going to it like your tongue does when you've got something going on in your mouth (like a canker or a tiny chip out of a tooth, kwim?)

my hair is just so wiry. and i can't tell you how much i regretted my last haircut. and that wasn't all that short. but it just looked horrible unless i spent 35 minutes blow drying it, and even then, i had a hard time getting it as flat as i like. i know i sound obsessed, but i've always struggled with the texture of my hair.

even my husband, when asked if i should go really short, said NO WAY. he didn't think i'd like it, nor would he. i remember cutting my hair pretty short, though not as short as yours when i was mid 20's and that was REALLY traumatic. i remember people coming up to me in the office and asking what the heck i had done :(

i need to try one of those web sites where you can try different hairstyles on your head to see how it would look!!!! do those really work i wonder?

ETA: thank you so much for putting up a picture. i really do think you look great with that hair and you both are so beautiful!!! your hair looks like a nice texture though - it looks nice and shiny...and without blowdrying, wow!!!! my hair dresser, last time i was there and cut it shorter, said i couldn't leave my hair naturally to dry because it was very "moppy". this is the best stylist in town, not even kidding. so i had no hope after that.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

etwahl
04-18-2004, 09:16 PM
i'd love to see if it's similar to mine in texture. mine truly looks like a mop when i don't blowdry. yucky.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

kfcboston
04-18-2004, 09:46 PM
Thank you everyone for the great responses! Tammy, you are my hero!! God BLESS you for doing the blow-dry-it-straight thing. I love my hair straight, but am FULLY INCAPABLE of blowing drying it straight myself. And I agree with everyone who said going halfway just doesn't cut it (no pun intended). I call it the lampshade look. :) I'm just about recovered from my most recent attempt at dappling in a shorter style to very unfortunately results. I think with this hair you just have to do it, or don't.

I just don't know if I can pull the trigger on the Halle-Berry look. But on the flipside, I feel like my hair is so heavy and blah as it is. I think maybe it needs to get even longer before I can do some longer layers. My sis has similar hair but straight with long layers starting at the ear it it looks great. Frames her face beautifully. But again - the sheer weight of my hair causes problems at longer lengths.

Sigh. Tammy, the perm idea is intriguing. I hadn't really ever thought about that. Maybe my first step is to ask around, starting at playgroup, about stylists.

kfcboston
04-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Ick. You asked for it!! (This is from early December.........)

Rachels
04-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Go see Richard at Salon 350 in the Back Bay. www.salon350.com. He'll do a consultation, and he's great.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

papal
04-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Katie... your hair is so nice and wavy!! Mine used to be a frizz ball when it was that length! I could not tame it to look like yours (unless i spent hours blow-drying!!).

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-18-2004, 10:45 PM
So funny I could have written this...Friday I went from long hair to very very very short :)...
It is so much easier...and slightly trendy :)...

From the texture you describe have you tried Infusium leave in conditioner???? It is super cheap, don't get the one for dry hair get the "normal" one...it works great and gives good wave and de frizzes...I have naturally curly hair that needs this to tame (de friz) it :)...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

etwahl
04-18-2004, 10:46 PM
see, i knew i'd think your hair was nice (and nothing like mine sans blowdry!)

yours looks consistent (the curl). maybe you can tell me it's just that particular picture. mine has some curly pieces, some straight, mostly just frizzy. and if i let it dry naturally (which takes FOREVER) then try and brush it even with my fingers, it looks REALLY bad. sigh. i've always dreamed of beautiful hair. the only reason i blowdry straight is because i feel the need to look/feel normal, and that's how i do it...but it's a pain and i dread it. it was fine before lauren, but now i just don't have time!!!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

etwahl
04-18-2004, 10:52 PM
will you post a picture? i'm dying to see what style you got.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

parkersmama
04-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Rashmi, you are *adorable*! And I love your haircut! You are really just like I pictured you. :)

kfcboston
04-18-2004, 10:56 PM
You're so funny - I will fess up and say that that's the absolute best I could find, and there's still some frizz IMO. It's definitely the particular picture. That's a crop of one of the shots we took for our Christmas card this year, so the do is goo-ed up to the hilt. It's really not particularly consistent, and I even have this random little bump on my scalp that makes the hair growing out of it frizz central - a section of super-frizz, if you will (sorry if TMI).

And as for running my fingers through it - I DON'T THINK SO. I'm a 100% scrunch person, for the exact reason you state - fingers through it = mess. You are awesome for starightening. I would in a heartbeat if I had the ability and patience to, but I have neither.

parkersmama
04-18-2004, 10:58 PM
I had stick-straight hair for most of my life but over the last few years, it's gotten curlier & curlier. It is very thick and now almost ringlet curly...but only the underneath layers! The top is still fairly straight. Most of the time I blow dry it straight but I've got it down to taking 3-5 minutes to do it all. One key is that I recently found a Redken product (my fabulous stylist recommended!) called Smooth Down. The bottle says "Smooth Down: Heat Glide, protective smoother for very dry/unruly hair". I got it at Trade Secret. It is essentially an oil. You put a few drops on your hands and rub it around and then put it in wet hair. Then blow dry and use one more drop to smooth down the hair. I like it because it doesn't cause the wet hair to become wetter (prolonging drying time) and it's not heavy in your hair but yet makes it silky and smooth. It would also work in a curlier/wavier style as a smoothing agent.

And, BTW, I think you look very nice with your current style but I certainly understand being sick of it! :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-18-2004, 11:00 PM
It actually looks (though I come no where close to looking like her)...like the cut the girl on the Bachelor has...the tall thin girl who he seems to like and the gals hate.

It is short, and when he did it he tucked the inch (or two) of hair infront of my ears behind my ears...and then at the nape of the neck he flipped it up into what I called a swan tail...it was a big flip di do...

Now so far I have just washed and ignored it :)...thus nowhere as cute as he had it...but then again that is what I usually do :)...
If we get a picture I'll email you one personally :)...

I keep forgetting I cut it till I pass myself in the mirror...YIKES!!!!

Funny I told the guy I was willing for anything, but then I added my hubby likes long hair he said "I don't want him getting mad so we'll compromise" and then no joke he cuts this HUGE chunk of hair off that left maybe two inches on my head!!!!!! I was in SHOCK!!!!
I have never had such a drastic hair change...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

pritchettzoo
04-18-2004, 11:23 PM
You're adorable! Very different from your elegant wedding photo. :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

MelissaTC
04-18-2004, 11:27 PM
TOO CUTE! I *love* your hair! You are so adorable :)

doubleL
04-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Oh Neve, Don't tease us like this. You must post a pic for all of us! I'm in total need of inspiration for a drastic new hip cut.

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03.

doubleL
04-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Rashmi,

I love your tests, how funny. What salon do you go to? You have a great cut! I have the opposite problem though... straight, thin, fine undoable hair. Also in need of some major help.

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

suribear
04-19-2004, 12:53 AM
See, you're lucky because I have it worse LOL I have frizzy/wavy hair with a couple of ringlets thrown in for fun. To make matters worse, it's thinning :( :(

I hate to blow dry it because 1) I'm either too lazy or too tired! 2) I'm afraid of damaging my hair further. I've had two perms in the past and they did a number on my hair. Never again :(

I agree with you Rashmi. Don't let them blow dry it and style too much, because there is no way you can replicate that! (well, at least I can't!). BTW, you look great with short hair. I can't pull it off. Since it's thinning, every stylist wants to chop it off but I don't think it suits me at all.

It DOES help to use those anti frizz products. I also invested in a boar hair brush, which REALLY helps to make it shine!! I highly recommend it, but I'm scared to use it too much because I feel it may be damaging to my already fragile hair, so I reserve it for special occasions.

Kris

aliceinwonderland
04-19-2004, 01:19 AM
Oh, I might take that suggestion too...post baby. I hate using celebrity examples, but I have been thinking for the longest time (BEFORE she did it) of doing exactly what Jennifer Aniston has recently done with her hair: long, almost in your eyes bangs...

I had the best stylist when I lived in the South End, but I think he picked up and moved somewhere. I was so bummmed.

aliceinwonderland
04-19-2004, 01:28 AM
I think. Only red and longer, and some days, crazier...
I found this really nice brush at the local Harvest store "Bass" is the brand I think, it is so nice and thick, and that is now part of my airdrying routine...

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-19-2004, 08:37 AM
Well I look like a rooster right now after sleeping on it so it's not inspirational at the moment...:) I've yet to even play with it since I've washed it to come up with what he did...so I can't dare post a picture to what I am doing with it, but he did have it kinda cute when he did it :)...

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

alkagift
04-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Katie,
I have SO been thinking of hairstyles lately! I don't know if this would work for you or Tammy, but the women in the latest Harold's catalog have short hair and it's all similar styles. Here are the two that are the most different, and I think the brunette would be ok if the hair was thick and not too wavy on top (mine's wavy mostly in back, but not if it's short, like Rashimi says). The top would be easy to straighten with a round brush and a hairdryer, and I wouldn't bother straightening the rest. I like the blond woman's haircut better for me, I like layers. It sounds a little like what Neve describes.

Other good shots are at www.harolds.com, click the wardrobe collection link and look at page 11 for the brunette (there's another brunette on page 15 that isn't as good a cut for me) or p. 24 for the blonde.

My big think is the bangs. I haven't had bangs in 15 years and I'm not looking forward to growing them out if it doesn't work!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4642.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4643.jpg

MartiesMom2B
04-19-2004, 10:00 AM
My hairstyle is similar to the model in the lower picture. It's pretty maintence free. However I have thick straight hair. I've seen cute hairstyles with friends who have curlier hair there. I think the key is to find a good hairstylist who can look at your features and pick a good hairstyle for you.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

papal
04-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Here it is:

PR & Partners
703-683.6600
805 King St.
Alexandria VA

Ask for GAVIN!!! He can do any kind of hair.. i trust him absolutely!

smomom
04-19-2004, 11:06 AM
I have thick, wavy/curly, frizzy hair too. I got it cut to shoulder length not too long ago and I love it. I gave my stylist some pics of Sarah Jessica Parker when she had short hair. The cut ended up very similar.

Here are some pics (of her, not me).... Hopefully the attachments will work.

kklein
04-19-2004, 11:29 AM
I really consider the flat iron one of the greatest inventions. I love this thing. I have thick wavy/curly hair that I could never do anyting with it. I loved it when I got my hair cut and the stylist blew dry it straight for me, but I could never do it on my own at home. I bought a flat iron (Conair, I think) and haven't looked back. I am able to completely straighten my hair, and haven't worried about the thickness like I used to. The key is to do it in small sections and work your way aroud. Also, let it the iron warm up before tying to use it. I have shoulder length hair and I can completely straighten it in less than five minutes. Have I said I love this thing? I still wear my hair curly - actually, I probably alternate curly and straight every other day. If I take a shower before work in the morning, I wear it curly - If I shower at night, or don't wash my hair I wear it straight. It is much easier to straighten when it is completly dry. The only person that I know that it didn't work for was my roomate in college. She has extremely thick, extremely curly hair - we are talking it still is in tight ringlets when she got out of the shower and brushed out her hair. Other than that, this has worked for everyone I know.

A word about bangs - I go through phases where I feel like I can deal with the hassle of bangs and get them cut. The truth is, for me at least, if you have curly hair and are looking for no/low maintainace hair, bangs just don't work. They just do not go where you want them to - they stick up at funny angles and never look right. I swore off bangs the last time i had to grow them out.

That being said, I do need a new style, I just don't know what I want yet. I have been checking out pictures, so we will just see.

Kristen

egoldber
04-19-2004, 12:33 PM
My hair is also similar to the lower model's. And like Sonia, I have thick straight hair. I agree it is VERY low maintenace. I wash, add a styling cream and go. I used a texturizer and hairspray if I feel like dressing up or playing with it.

I think the haircut on the blond would be better for someone with curly/wavy hair.

COElizabeth
04-19-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm with you, Lou. Straight, fine, thin hair that flies away, gets hopelessly tangled the second I walk outside in one of our windy periods, splits days after I get it cut, etc. My mom actually gets her hair THINNED, and my sister got her thick hair. I don't know where mine came from. It looks nothing like the hair of any of the women (or men) in my family. Sigh.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

kfcboston
04-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Kristen -

VERY interesting. That's what my stylist uses to straighten mine, which clearly made her a miracle worker in my eyes. Good to hear it actually works at home too! Does it do more damage to hair with repeated use?

lizamann
04-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Ooh, those are cute. I had cute hair like the top one back when I was going to my kicka$$ stylist. But now that I have dd, I run down to Hair Cuttery when mom or dh are able to watch the baby for 30
minutes. But that SUCKS. My recent haircut is a cross between Laura Bush and Raisa Gorbachev. I HATE IT and really need to make an appt with my old stylist, who books up 6 weeks in advance, then I have to find a babysitter, so I never get around to it...

egoldber
04-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Can't you take Nora with you? Sarah LOVES the hair salon. She loves to watch mommy have funny things done to her. And all the bustle and activity keep her vastly amused, even for a 2 hour cut and highlight. I am always amazed at how well behaved she is there!

HTH,

etwahl
04-19-2004, 07:44 PM
i have one, and i do use it to further straighten/flatten when i have extra time, but i still have to blow it dry. otherwise i don't find that the flat iron works as well. plus it does still take me a while with it. i certainly couldn't start with my curly hair and then try to flat iron it. but that's my hair!

also, yes, the flat iron is very damaging. that's why jennifer aniston started wearing her hair more curly sometimes, because it's damaging to use a lot.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

ddmarsh
04-19-2004, 07:56 PM
>My recent haircut is a cross between Laura Bush and Raisa Gorbachev.

LOL - I just about spit out my water at that description! However, I'm sure you look fabulous, not at all like them :).

For those of you with curly hair have you seen the site www.naturallycurly.com? Their boards have lots of info in different products to try and also really tout the abilities of two salons in NY that cater to curly heads.

hwin708
04-20-2004, 01:21 AM
Just wanted to mention, they do have flat irons out now that will do both - dry and iron at the same time. The don't make the hair as stick straight as a regular flat iron, but they do the job and cut down on time.
Using a flat iron is definitely a learned skill, but after a few times, you can really do it pretty fast. I would definitely always use some type of protective treatment in the hair too, like a leave in conditioner, or any of the many products to protect hair from styling damage.
Also, to make it faster, straighter, and less damaging, always go with a ceramic iron. They cost more, but are so worth it. MUCH better for your hair.

lizamann
04-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I should try this. My stylist is definitely open to it. I'll call her today!

mamicka
04-20-2004, 12:01 PM
I take DS with me & he loves it.

Allison

NancyJ_redo
04-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Yes, it was me that talked about the permanent straightening! I couldn't help but chime in again because my hair is sooo low maintenance now after the straightening. I used to blow dry my hair straight every other day, or every 3 days, and had to be careful (shower cap, no humidity, etc.) on the in-between days. But no more! I shower, comb and let dry and it's straighter (and looks healthier) than it ever did when I blow dried it straight.

I haven't read the other responses yet, but I definitely recommend the japenese hair straightening for low maint. hair.

sweetbasil
04-20-2004, 04:13 PM
So what'd Steve think? I can't wait to see it...I have to get a new mental pic of you, now :) Kinda like adjusting to new avatars, YKWIM? I bet it looks great, Neve!

doubleL
04-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Well at least James and baby #2 have a chance at some recessive thick hair genes?!?! Both DH and I have thin hair and come from long lines of thin hair that we will passing down to yet another generation. I feel so bad passing down the bad stuff, ya know? :)

So how do you wear your hair? I have had no bang hair(because of a nasty cowlick) varying from chin to shoulder length since college.... sooooooooo boring!!!! Hopefully the kids didn't get my cowlick!

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-20-2004, 06:21 PM
I don't think he really likes it...he likes long hair, and I do plan to grow it back out. ...I played Bunco last night with 16 women and only two commented so I assumed they don't like it :)...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

mom to little e
04-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Here I was... DH was away on a trip...reading the BBB board late at night (10:00pm) with my monitor sitting here so I can listen to DS and his little baby-snores...and thinking that I need a new haircut... lo' and behold there is just such a thread on the BBB! Crack me up!

Tammy, I went and checked out your website of Lauren Genevieve (who is beautiful - I LOVE the one month old photo in white)... and saw that you too are married to a Marine aviator - small world!!

What would I do without the BBB? LOL!

Casey

Mommy to
Ean Bennett 11/06/03