PDA

View Full Version : OT - K Mart Shoppers! Lovey Alert!

Marisa6826
04-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Help!!

Sophie has two loveys from K Mart. They are Martha Stewart Every Day "Baby Baby" bunny loveys. I've attached a picture.

Over the past two weeks, Sophie has gotten more and more attached to this lovey - sometimes carrying BOTH of them around (before she only wanted them in the crib).

As a general rule, I hate K Mart (or at least the ones in this area). But, we went today in search of two more bunnies for Sophie. True to form, the vast majority of the K Mart shoppers we saw today look as though they may have been (or soon will be) on an episode of Cops.

I made the mistake of stopping a K Mart employee and asked if they have discontinued stocking Martha Stewart stuff. A VERY blank look came upon this girl's face and she just said she didn't know. I was frightened and left.

If any of you happen to be in a K Mart, and see these bunnies, I will happily send you money for two of them.

I will try the only other K Mart that I know of. Hopefully, it won't be another Twilight Zone experience.

BTW - We looked on line and also on eBay. No such luck.

Thanks

-m

ETA - the loveys start out looking like fleece/polartech blankets with little rabbit heads. They used to be carried in the baby bedding section with all the other Martha stuff.

papal
04-18-2004, 08:05 PM
Marissa, we have one of these... Leela has sucked on bunny's ears a few times but I do not think she is attached to it in any way. I could wash and mail it to you if you don't have any luck finding new ones! :)

Marisa6826
04-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Rashmi-

That is so generous of you (and Leela)!

Let me see if I can find a couple of new ones, otherwise I just might take you up on your offer.

Thanks again!

-m

egoldber
04-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Marisa, speaking from experience here, you may be better off with a slightly used one. I tried to get extra "lambies" once Sarah's addiction became clear, but it was already too late. She can always tell the difference. There is only one, true lambie.

But one that is slightly broken in may be more acceptable to her.

Good luck!

papal
04-18-2004, 09:05 PM
>>There is only one, true lambie.

LOL Beth. That was too funny. Don't know why I am cracking up reading that... heehee.

Marisa... one true blanket-bunny coming your way in that case... email me your addy! :)

C99
04-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Marisa,

I'll check my local K-Mart tomorrow.

Marisa6826
04-18-2004, 10:44 PM
Beth - Thanks for the input and FYI, our nickname for Sophie is "Lamby" :)

Rashmi - I sent you a PM of my addy.

Thanks girls!

-m

Marisa6826
04-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Thanks Caroline!

-m

jojo2324
04-18-2004, 11:43 PM
Oh Marisa!! How perfectly you've described my shopping experiences! Were you out in EH by chance? :P

I have to head up that way tomorrow, I'll check out my branch too.

Marisa6826
04-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Thanks Jo :)

The one in BH isn't NEARLY as bad as the one here. Trust me. :P

-m

votre_ami03
04-19-2004, 10:50 AM
My K-Mart is the same. UGH! I can't stand that place. You were lucky you found an employee.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

zuzu
04-19-2004, 11:11 AM
I see someone has already offered, but please email me if you want me to send you ours. It has been washed and has been sitting in a basket with other lovey candidates for close to a year. She hasn't shown any real interest in it, and I'd be happy to pass it along to a good home. :-)

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

papal
04-19-2004, 11:14 AM
"lovey candidates"... LOL Melissa! :)

Marisa6826
04-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Melissa-

I would love a second backup.

I will PM you my addy!

Thanks

-m

zuzu
04-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Rashmi,

It has been pretty amusing. We received so many potential loveys as gifts, and I was hoping Sarah would take to one of them. I've even considered holding a lovey pageant, hoping one will catch her eye. She showed a limited attachment to a PBK floppy bunny she got as a early Easter present, and I'm glad I held back on stocking up because she has since moved onto another tiny bunny. She just loves to pick up and hug everything (and by everything, I mean her ball, her socks, tupperware :-)) so I guess we'll just have to go with the flow.

zuzu
04-19-2004, 12:26 PM
It's Sophie's, then.
I'll email you shortly.