PDA

View Full Version : In need of some hugs here...m

MamaKath
04-18-2004, 10:16 PM
I am feeling a lot of stress and pressure. My kids are giving me a huge run for my money (2 year old into everything, nearly 5 year old completely whiny all of the time)!!! DH works a ton, and I get little in the way of relief. I miss my extended family terribly back home. I am going to be moving again and am really kind of angry though I know it is what is needed (it will be our 5th move in 7 years of marriage, dh needs a shorter commute and we need a smaller house that costs less on a monthly basis to run). I am having a hard time pulling myself together through this, and am feeling pretty angry and resentful. I could write a lot more, but physically am not able to right now with this darn Fifths disease hurting my hands and wrists so much. :-( Any hugs, prayers, etc you can send are appreciated.

kfcboston
04-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Oh man, Kath, sounds like a rough period you're going through! {{HUGS}} Try as always to focus on the positive - you WILL get through this! youwillyouwillyouwillyouwillyouwillyouwillyouwill. ....

lukkykatt
04-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Kath! Will definitely be keeping you in thoughts and prayers. If it is any consolation, I am almost in your boat. DH always working and my almost 2 year old has me on the verge of a nervous breakdown most days. He's the energizer bunny...

Take it one day at a time and keep us posted how you are doing!!!

papal
04-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Oh Kath!! Lots of hugs and prayers your way! You have been having a very rough time mama... I hope everything settles down soon. What can we do to help??? Please let me know!!!!

parkersmama
04-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Oh, Kath! Sorry things are so rough! It is really hard having a whiny kid and one into everything (and I am empathizing here...this sounds like our house!). The constant whining pushes me right to the edge. x( Moving is just so much added stress, too. Can you just sneak at least a few minutes a day to be alone? I mean...lock up that toddler if you have to and go in the potty with a magazine and lock the door! I will also admit that one reason I survive on very little sleep is because after all the kids go to bed is the only "me" time that I have! I'm willing to be a bit sleep-deprived in order to have some alone time with no whining or clinging or fighting. I will certainly pray for you and I hope things will be looking brighter with the new day.

Marisa6826
04-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Awww Kath.

I'm so sorry. Are you moving north or south? I seem to recall you're kind of near Delaware now, right?

Chin up, girlie. This, too, shall pass.

HUGS

-m

NEVE and TRISTAN
Oh Kathy I am so sorry, wish I lived near you and I'd help you in some way...or atleast try. You are such a super mom and I have learned so much from you...I bet the move will be good for you if it relieves the stress of monthly cost etc...

Please keep us updated and know you have a huge community of moms (and dads) thinking of you, sending hugs to you...and many prayers...

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

etwahl
big hugs. you are an extremely strong person, and what you are feeling sounds incredibly normal. i don't have any words of wisdom, but do find myself feeling exactly how you are feeling quite often. try to think of some things that would ease your stress just a little, and try to squeeze them in if at all possible. things that are just for YOU. hope you start feeling better soon.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

pritchettzoo
04-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Hugs and good thoughts coming your way! I hope you feel better physically and mentally soon! Maybe the move will put you in a more supportive community? (I am now telling Pollyanna to shove it. :P )

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

hez
04-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Sending posiitve thoughts and prayers your way. We're here!

doubleL
04-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Oh Kath, I am so sad to hear this. Many hugs and prayers going your way. If it is any consolation, you are not the only one with busy and whiney children. I can relate. When things are like this in my house (frequently), I actually find that while I crave time to myself, I actually feel better when things get accomplished around the house. It's amazing how good cleaning out a closet feels. You have a lot ahead of you and have to keep focused on your eventual goal. I think life with a smaller house and better commute for DH sounds nice. Definitely treat yourself to as many calls home to your extended family as possible and if you can slip away for a pedicure too... :)

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

starrynight
04-19-2004, 12:26 AM
{hug} Kath ouch I hope the Fifths disease goes away soon ( I forget how long it lasts) and I hear you about the whiney kids, missing family and moving all the time. Hang in there and I hope thyings settle down soon for you.

wendmatt
04-19-2004, 02:32 AM
You Poor thing, I really hope you manage to feel a little better soon. That really is a lot of moving and it's def not fun.Sending hugs and good wishes your way, Any chance someone can watch the kids for an hour so you can go out on your own for coffee or something, just something little to help recharge your batteries. Sorry you're prob not looking for answers just a little sympathy! God Bless you.

Sandy
04-19-2004, 03:09 AM
{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}. Hoping you will feel better soon. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

bluej
04-19-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. All of the stuff you are going through right now would be enough to make anyone cranky. Is it possible for a family member or a friend you are missing to come out for a visit? Whenever it gets to be too much for me, my mom or one of my sisters will come for a visit. Usually the kids behave better, I get a break, we do some fun stuff and my house gets a good cleaning (if it's my mom who comes).

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} and prayers that the move goes smoothly and that you get some relief soon.

alkagift
04-19-2004, 09:16 AM
I'm so sorry, Kath, that you are feeling so dispirited. It will get better, I'm sure. Sometimes, when I'm enduring something or dreading something, I try to think of how it will be when it's over...sometimes the future is far better, sometimes it just goes back to the way it was before the aggravation (which is still better than the present), but through it all you're the same great person and you have to focus on that!

Hugs to you!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

jojo2324
04-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Big hugs Kath!! You will pull through this! :) Best of luck with everything.

barbarhow
04-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Kath-you poor thing. Any one of those stressors is enough to put a sane woman over the edge. And to not have your family there to help-not to mention the 5ths disease. I wish I was there-I'd help you pack. I am a champion packer and mover. Actually I'd send you out for a spa day and do the packing myself. Then in 6 weeks when I am stressing over our move I'd of course expect the same in return-LOL.
Hang in there. Are you taking Ibuprofen for your hand/wrist pain? I hope you feel better soon. [[[[[[[[[[[Hugs]]]]]]]]]]]
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

houseof3boys
04-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Huge Hugs Kath. You are the sweetest and I'm sorry that you guys are having to go through another move. Moving is so stressful!

I know what you mean about a family close by, it really makes a difference.

I hope your pain subsides and you get to have at least an hour of R& R soon since you need it. Tell DH he needs to take a sick day!!!!

Big Hugs!!!! :)

Andrea S
04-19-2004, 12:00 PM
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) I know how hard it is having no family around I hope you can get a break soon.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

cinrein
04-19-2004, 02:44 PM
(((Hugs Kath))) I will certainly keep you and your crew in my prayers. If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

toomanystrollers
04-19-2004, 03:32 PM
{{{{{{{{{{Kath}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Mama, feel free to pm me anytime - I'm definitely on the same wavelenghth with a 5 yo & 2 yo and dh who works his arse off for us - makes for very long days!!

smomom
04-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Bless your heart, Kath. I am sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

MamaKath
04-20-2004, 01:21 AM
I need to make this quick, my hands are not up to my typing marathons, lol. Today was much better! A neighbor took the kids, dh and I busted our tushes doing yard clean up (who would've known I am a whiz with the clippers, lol), and then I showered and went for a hair cut while he picked up the kids. After dinner we even had a family trip to BJs. :-) I am a much happier, calmer mama for the moment!!!! I think I need to spend more time on these boards, the support here is WONDEFULLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, your responses brought tears to my eyes. I will take some time in the next week to update a bit more and answer some of the questions ya'll asked.

PS- How do you PM? Still haven't figured it out {{{blushing}}}.

Eloise36
04-20-2004, 04:23 AM
Glad to hear you had a great day! Good luck! You will get through these tough time - just remember to take it one day at a time. {{{Hugs}}}