PDA

View Full Version : Clear & Near rechargeable 2.4 GHz Monitor-PRODUCT REVIEW

stacyleigh
04-19-2004, 12:11 AM
I was given this monitor to review by the Fields. I was excited to receive this monitor based on the features and selling price ($59.99), I figured it would be much clearer and easier to use than my Babies R Us freebie (Retail $16.99-Safety First Crystal Clear). Unfortunately I was very disappointed and have since returned to using my “old” monitor. I will highlight some of the features:

Clarity~ To be honest there is quiet a bit of static and with the 2.4 GHz technology I was surprised by this. Also I was a bit disappointed that there were only 2 channel options.

Range~This monitor does have a long range (could walk my whole property and then some) but for my purpose (at night ONLY) it is an unused feature. I will not be leaving the baby inside and going outside. As she gets older I *might* use this feature more.

Sound “lights”~This is another feature that is useless to me. Since my main purpose is to HEAR baby while I am sleeping the fact that lights indicate the noise level means nothing to me. I can’t think of to many times that this would be handy….maybe if you were mowing the lawn but even then are you staring at the monitor while doing this? I think it most instances it would be handier to HEAR the baby than see lights indicating sound.

Rechargeable Batteries~Truly the nicest feature of this monitor. If you plan to use batteries in a monitor you will quickly discover that they don’t last long. Being able to charge the batties in the unit while it is in use instead of taking them out was also a nice feature! I only wish they offered it in the childs unit as well.

Overall I believe this monitor to be vastly overpriced. The clarity (being the most important feature) was terrible. I would NOT waste my money on this product. I think you can get a high quality monitor for a much more affordable price.

starrynight
04-19-2004, 12:30 AM
sorta OT but I wonder if 2.4 ghz isn't what it's cracked up to be because I just got a new 2.4ghz cordless phone and it's pretty staticy(sp?.

Thanks for the review btw :).