PDA

View Full Version : Favorite face cream?

Rachels
04-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Has there been a thread like this? I can't find it. I have always been a Lancome girl, but their prices have gone through the roof and I just can't justify $65 for less than two ounces of moisturizer. What else do you like? I have really dry skin with -- sigh -- what they nicely refer to as "the first signs of aging." Help!
-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Marisa6826
04-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Here you go!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=63844&mesg_id=63844&listing_type=search

I used Aveda for years (not too expensive) but all of a sudden it stopped working for me. I'm now using Skinceuticals and love it.

Good luck!

-m

papal
04-19-2004, 11:09 AM
I really like the DHC Olive Oil.. you just need a few drops and your skin feels rehydrated!
http://www.dhccare.com/Product.aspx?id=Olive%20Virgin%20Oil

aliceinwonderland
04-19-2004, 12:03 PM
I am now trying the L'Occitane Immortelle one and the Kiehl's eye creme. Not the cheapest, but I like them well so far.

L'Occitane has a new(ish) store at the Prudential/Copley mall that I really liked.

eri and the bean, due today

Rachels
04-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Eri, happy due date! Hang in there! The baby will be here soon.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Andrea S
04-19-2004, 12:09 PM
I like Bobbi Brown. I use the one with SPF. They have another I used while I was pregnant that was wonderful, but I could bring myself to pay $75 for it.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

jk3
04-19-2004, 12:28 PM
The Kiehls products are fantastic. I don't know if there's a store near you but if there is you can get samples of most of their products-perfect to travel with!

mamicka
04-19-2004, 04:08 PM
I second the olive virgin oil.

Allison

August Mom
04-19-2004, 04:19 PM
I really like Merle Norman Luxiva. There's a daytime version and a nighttime version. The Miricol facial is great too.

barbarhow
04-19-2004, 04:20 PM
I love Clinique's dramatically different moisturinzing lotion. Don't know what is so dramatically different about it but it works for my very dry skin. It does not have and spf, though. When I need an spf I use Bobby Brown.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

MelissaTC
04-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Mary Kay Timewise with SPF 15. I use it 2x a day and I love it! I have combo skin which is VERY acne prone. I have seen a significant change since I started using it. Thanks Sonia!

toomanystrollers
04-19-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm really satisfied with the whole line of Oil of Olay products - fits my budget and I don't have to go to the mall to buy them :)

Calmegja2
04-19-2004, 04:27 PM
I swear I'm allergic to most things. I switched about a month ago to Proactiv's oil free moisturizer, and I use Aquaphor around my eyes, and I cannot believe the difference. I used Benefit before I switched.

I've spent stupid amounts of $ on moisturizers, and I'm a product junkie, but right now, my skin looks better than it has looked in years.

I tend towards really, really dry skin, and I'm very pale.

JenCA
04-19-2004, 04:41 PM
I just started using Dr. Hauschka quince day cream. It's on the pricier side, but not as pricey as some other brands out there. Honestly, my skin has never looked better since I started using his products.

www.drhauschka.com

JLiebCamm
04-19-2004, 05:36 PM
I like the new Estee Lauder Hydra Complete alot. I think it was around $37. I've never hesitated to pay this in the past (I used to use EL Daywear) because it lasts for so long. I always wait for free gift time and add to the value!

dotgirl
04-19-2004, 07:42 PM
I know it's a little pricey, but I love Creme de la Mer. It's sooo amazing how much better my skin looks and feels when I use it. And a little goes a *long* way - my 1oz jar lasts me months and months. (And good thing, since it's about $100).

Before I started with this, I was using Creme Hydra Beaute by Guinot. (Other than the creme de la mer now, I use all Guinot facial products). My aesthetician recommends it, and I was happy with it. I just liked the La Mer stuff more.

Note - I don't have sensitive skin, nor do I have any signs of aging (yet - knock wood!). I do have an oily T-zone, and I'm prone to breakouts about once a month. The La Mer has drastically improved both of those issues, though.

It's a pretty big financial commitment, though. If you live near a Nordstrom, you can go in and they'll be happy to give you a sample (sometimes it's a .25oz, which will last about a month, and sometimes it's a .1 oz sample, which will last a couple of weeks - long enough to see how it works for you.)

quikeye
04-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Second for hauschka-- moisturizing day creme for me. I hadn't heard of it before my "natural" pharmacy (www.elephantpharmacy.com) had a b1g1 free sale on cosmetics & I didn't want to get 2 baby massage oils :) I do wish it had spf, but it is wonderful nonetheless. I've since seen new, sealed bottles on ebay as well.

I also like dhc, but couldn't wrap my mind around using the olivr oil daily, so I switched. DHC will send you nice samples to try out, and also has a rewards program (get gc's for future purchases) as well.

trumansmom
04-19-2004, 08:04 PM
I recently decided I needed to start exploring cheaper products, and even though I've gone back to what I used to use for most things, I'm happy with my new, super-cheap face cream choice. I use Pond's Dry Skin Cream. It's thick, but absorbs well, and has really worked for me. I'm surprised, because I've had a difficult time finding things I liked over the years.

And I like to think I'm showing the "first signs of aging", but that's probably about as accurate as saying I'm "prematurely gray!"

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

blnony
04-19-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm with you on the "first signs of aging" thing! LOL.
I use two different products. A day moisturizer that contains SPF and one for night that doesn't.
For the day, I've found I really like the Neutrogena stuff. But at night, I'm using Lancome and since I only use it at night, even though its expensive, it lasts for a long time. I can't remember the Lancome name, they all confuse me, but I've been really happy with it.
As far as eye creams, I've tried so many, and the one I love and can really see a difference with is Lancome Primordiale Intense Eye treatment. Even with allergy eyes, its made a big difference.

hwin708
04-20-2004, 12:52 AM
Well, I don't have any personal recommendations, as my skin is the opposite (oily), but I just thought I'd mention this, since I'm surprised no one else has.
Oil of Olay has a Regenerist line that has become very popular. It is mentioned all the time in magazines as the "poor man's Creme de la Mer"
Anyway, it has excellent reviews and seems to be exactly what you are looking for - moisturizing with an anti-aging kick, all at a reasonable price.
HTH!