PDA

View Full Version : What is "sort of feeling a cold coming on..."? Weird Question?

etwahl
04-19-2004, 10:42 AM
evan last night had a sore throat and then this morning, i sort of felt it in the back of my throat and a little stuffed up. but i feel "okay". i've had this happen before, sometimes i get a cold right away, other times i don't get it, or it's mild, or i get one a month later.

is this allergies possibly? do cold sometimes lay "dormant" for a while until your immunity is a little lower than usual (e.g. missed a day of vitamins, etc.?)

i'm trying to figure out whether to cancel our 6 hour driving trip this weekend, and worrying it will be miserable if the three of us end up with colds. but not sure if it's just allergies or what. and i need to decide asap. just curious if others have had this kind of thing happen to them.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Marisa6826
04-19-2004, 10:47 AM
Tammy-

Sure it's not allergies? I can't remember if you had moved yet by this time last year.

Feel better

-m

cchavez
04-19-2004, 10:49 AM
That's what I am thinking that it is allergies.....mine are terrible this time of the year....

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Tammy I have had this same thing about a month now...and it very well could be allergies. I have never had it this bad before, for some reason this year it has gotten me big time!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

cinrein
04-19-2004, 02:49 PM
I developed seasonal allergies when I was in my mid-20s and ever since I never know if I'm getting a cold or if it's the allergies. The best way I can tell is that if it's allergies, the sore throat and "foggy gunky" feeling lasts for days on end. If it's a cold, the symptoms escalate more quickly. If you still feel the same as you do today on Thursday, then it's most likely allergies.

In any event, rest up and drink lots of fluids. If you spend time outside, it helps a lot to wash your hair before going to bed---that way you don't spread pollen all over your pillow and breathe it in all night.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

Melanie
04-19-2004, 02:55 PM
It is SO strange that you ask this. I felt that way last month, everyone morning for a week! I actually did cancel something the first day b/c I was sure I was getting sick. As the day wore on, I felt better, next morning - same thing! HOWEVER, in the past, it has turned into a cold.

Anyway, you could load up on some immunity boosters if you're concerned. I usually do that, as well, when I'm worried about something.