PDA

View Full Version : Chain photography in Boston suburbs

divabell
04-19-2004, 01:38 PM
I need to get some pics taken of DS (hopefully for Father's Day gift). I would love to do a professional photographer, but if I can't find one I can afford, I wondered if anyone can recommend which of the chains (Target, Sears, etc.) are good in this area. I would be willing to drive most of the 128/495 loops or into southern NH. Thanks!

billysmommy
04-19-2004, 09:17 PM
I have Billy's pictures taken every 2 months at the Target in Milford (which is by Hopkinton, right at 495/Masspike). There is one girl there, her name is Kale, who is absolutely great and can always get the best pictures of Billy :) The only problem with that is I spend way too much money but it's been neat to watch him grow. She is only there during the week though. At Christmas we had to go on the weekend because we were doing a family picture and the 2 girls doing the pictures then were absolutely awful. So whenever I call to make an appt I always make sure to ask for Kale. HTH

kfcboston
04-19-2004, 09:28 PM
We used the Kiddie Kandids at the N. Attleboro BRU for his 6-month, and the Target right next door to the BRU for his one-year. Target was cheaper and serviceable, but KK was better quality and more expensive. So pick your poison! :) But I liked both well enough.

HTH!

divabell
04-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks, ladies! If anyone else has experience to share, more options are always good... :)

sunny2003
04-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Hi - I don't have personal experience but one of my friends who is a color photo engineer really likes the Picture People in the Burlington Mall. Another friend goes to Sears Photo in the Natick Mall but asks for a specific person (sorry, I don't know the name). Hope that gives you more options!

Viv
Mommy to Kayley born on 4/28/03

mattysmom
04-20-2004, 11:51 AM
We tried Sears in the Burlington Mall and didn't have a great experience. Then we tried Picture People and overall have been pretty happy with the pictures. The nice part about PP is that you only have to wait 60 minutes to get the pictures (just enough time to go to the Food Court and to a few stores). If you decide to go there, I'd recommend the Picture People clubs too - you can save some $. There's a new place in the Natick Mall - Portrait Simple, I think, which also looks good and you get your pictures immediately - you look at them on the computer screen and then pick out the sizes and quantities (you can see, I don't like waiting!)

A good friend used the Target in Natick and had a good experience.

The hard thing is that a lot depends on what photographer you get... We had a great one at PP, but she quit (just like our favorite haircutter at SnipIts!)